BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 9 November 2012

Hyphenation Hell…



I was re-formatting a story that I recently got my rights back on and while I know that publisher sucked in so many ways, it never occurred to me how ratshit their formatting was. Now, I, like most readers can forgive a lot when it comes to formatting as mistakes happen and we’re all human but not the over use of hyphenations for no bloody reason I can see other than they are too frigging lazy to have smaller margins. For example: -





Hea-ven, Angel-ic, Dav-id, regret-ted, beauti-ful, dis-taste — and these are just in the first couple of pages. Wreck the flow of the story much?  You know, I’m no expert but that sucks coming from a professional epub company who is undoubtedly charging the reader waaay more than they should for a story that has more hyphenation than commas. Have I fix-ed the-m all? I beli-eve so. 


1 comments:

anny cook said...

Oh,no. I hate when I'm reading a book with a lot of hyphens...