BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 3 November 2012

I don’t think so…




I spoke to this woman today about some bookings to do with work. Yes, I do sometimes actually work at work when it suits me. Yes, it is surprising but occasionally I have a burst of work ethic come over me and I can’t always lie down in a darkened room with a cool compress over my forehead and wait for it to pass. Anyway this rude, ignorant scrubber on the end of the phone basically went out of her way to try and intimidate me. Foolish mortal. I let her crap on for a while, writing down verbatim what she said that indicated I was wrong and stupid and all these other things that, as a Scorpio, I would use against her because essentially we’re scary people. When she stopped and drew breath, I read back what she had said to me and explained how she was indeed the 'wrong’ one but instead of her saying ‘bugger, I made a mistake’ - which I would have respected - she had chosen to try – and I stress try – to make me feel stupid. She was then very quiet as I spoke calmly and clearly explaining what I wanted, expected and what she needed to do because any other half arsed argument she would try to attempt I would not put up with. Yes, she did what I wanted, at the price and dates I wanted. She then sent me an email blaming her computer for what she said. Of course. The standard line of the ignorant and useless. I emailed back “You’re a very disappointing person.” I then emailed the corporate dude I email when dealing with this particular company and explained what happened. Will she get in trouble? Yes. Do I care? No, because she didn't care and god knows how any other people she tries to treat like crap with her attempts at intimidation. How many of those people would have complained? Probably one out of 10. Why? Because we live in a society where too few people will actually stand up and say something and change the situation.  

Life is short. Never settle for being treated like crap.