BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 1 September 2010

My Scottish Great Auntie Joan...


…who used to call me a ‘fatty’ when I was an 8 year old kid – which didn’t impress me – but Mum said it was actually a term of endearment…hmmm…was a great believer, despite her dour Scottish ways, in the ‘something will turn up’ philosophy - that when you really need help or direction it will come to you. My mother told me of a time during WW2 when she was about 4 and they were living on a farm in the outback. My mother, aged 4, turned the tap on the outside water tank, the only source of water they had, and the tank ran dry. It was a drought. Everyone was worried about what would happen without water. Auntie Joan said ‘something will turn up.’ It rained that night. Every time I’m in a similar – what-the-crap-will-I-do-position I think about old Joan and her words – and she’s right. Something does turn up….

And why the picture? I just liked it…

Amarinda Jones
Penn Halligan
www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I like that. Its hard to remember sometimes.