BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Sugar Pop-tart or something…



So, I said to a friend, who I was having lunch with today, I reckon I could easily turn his teenage son into a pop star.  We were discussing ‘kids today’ and their goals etc. My friend said, “He can’t sing.” Phut! Like that’s an issue. Most pop stars can’t sing. Their voice gets modified in the studio to sound good and girls screaming at their concerts drown out the sound anyway. Singing well is not an issue. A teenage boy just has to look cute, be good at chatting up the girls and have the edge of good boy who could go bad at any time look about him.  I tried to convince him his son could be the next big teenage sensation. He wasn’t convinced.  Hells bells - look at that Bieber person, Brittany and even that ghastly child pageant diva who’s all of ten and called something like Pookie-Bum or Sugar Pop-tart or something. Going back in the dim, dark distant past of my childhood there was Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, the Bay City Rollers… talent? Hell, just look good to teenage girls and you’re golden.  


He’s missing a golden opportunity…

0 comments: