BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 4 April 2010

Up until…

...six months ago if someone asked me ‘where do you see yourself in 5 years’ I would have thought two things – I don’t know – and – what a boring question. Actually, if asked that in a job interview I would have said something non committal like ‘I don’t believe in planning ahead as life changes and you have to be adaptable and change with it. Being fixed in the way you think does not allow you to take up all opportunities that come your way.’ Yes, I am quite pleased with that answer. It says a lot without actually saying anything and people are always impressed. Well, let’s face it job interviews are just bluff and bullshit.

However, of late, especially since I have started travelling around OZ, I have begun to think a lot about where I want be in 5 years. Do I want the same job? No. Will I be in Brizzie? No. Will my hair be pink? Most likely. Am I grown up enough now to make a decision about the future? Almost. Do I have the freedom to just piss off and set up house where ever I want? Yes. I have always made sure of that. Freedom is hard fought and won. So why aren’t I exercising the freedom, now? Ah, that’s the crux of the issue. A few things have happened that have made me realize I have to for the sake of my own sanity.

Where will I be in 5 years? I actually have a grown up plan now and I’m looking forward to it.

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

0 comments: