BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 16 December 2010

The 2am frighteners...


I lay awake at 2am thinking about stuff like men, sex, power, the pursuit of possible happiness or maybe just fake it to make other people happy, what the hell is that sound outside my window? Are there wildebeest in Cairns? Why do ginormous bills all arrive at the worst possible time? Can I sell my chunky body to pay for them or maybe just hide them under the fruit bowl and ignore them? Can sex with one particular man be so amazing that it indeed ruins you for all men? Should I experience that to check if it’s true? Why on earth would you put cream coloured tiles throughout an apartment? Why am I reading so many horror/crime books at the moment? Why is experience a bad thing? Is it worth pretending to be dumb to get somewhere? Hmmm, I should have been a detective. Or a ballerina. Nah, too top heavy. Note to self - look for possible detective/crime boss jobs. No really, what is the noise outside my window? Can an elephant climb stairs? How needy is too needy? Is there a neediness level? Why is wine fattening if it’s made out of grapes? I really think I should try the sex and ruination thing. Seriously, if that is an elephant outside my window and if he does climb up the stairs and breaks in, I cannot fathom how I’m going to clean the pukeable cream tiles. I should walk when it’s light. Maybe the elephant can walk with me. I must buy mangoes. I wonder what the parcel is I have to pick up at the post office? Buy milk. Avoid chocolate. Don’t buy any more raffle tickets for useless crap you don’t need. Oh fuck it, I’m buying chocolate. I need it after the elephant and sex/ruination thing. How is it that hearing one person’s voice makes your day? No, I’m not good at faking. I have a terrible need to be direct. Suppose I should walk the elephant. How many squashed cane toads will I see on the road? Yep, I’m buying chocolate for sure. Come on Dumbo…

Amarinda Jones
Penn Halligan
www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with weird middle-of-the-night thoughts...