BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 20 December 2010

Cracking the code…


I’ve been in Cairns just over a month. I love it. The lifestyle is very casual and the people are unbelievably friendly. That threw me somewhat after coming from a big city where no one speaks to you unless there’s a specific reason. But – and there is one – I cannot work out Cairns’ secret handshake.

Being an ex-army brat and used to never actually belonging anywhere, I know that every place has a code you get to understand and absorb as you try to fit in. You may never become ‘one of them’ because you’re a ‘blow in’ but you can understand enough to work out what’s what. Once you crack it and can give the secret handshake you’re in. But stuffed if I can work out what the code is in Cairns. It’s a town where everyone knows everyone…except me. I know some people but not enough or maybe they’re the wrong people to know…I dunno. The inability to crack the code of Cairns is driving me mad.

If someone is selling a magic decoder ring on Ebay please advise.

Amarinda Jones
Penn Halligan
www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

0 comments: