BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Skirting it...


A friend today said they had never seen me in a skirt. That made me think about the last time I wore one. Hmmm…October last year. Do you think because life is so bloody busy that we get out of the habit of dressing up or throwing on a skirt because you know we then have to find time to shave our legs, do our toenails etc when it’s so much easy to wear pants? Or is it more of an equality thing? I remember my first job after high school.  I was told all female employees had to wear dresses and panty hoses. No trousers of any kind were allowed. At the time I was 18 and just about to nick off overseas to travel aimlessly for a couple of years and I could not have cared less about the dress rule because I wasn’t going to be in that job for life. It was spare cash only. Now if someone demanded I wear a dress to work I would question it and them and whether they were going back to planet Zork and did they need bus fare.  

So, I’m actually going to invest in some skirts and re-evaluate my legs. Why? Just because a friend mentioned it? Yes and because I’m one of those people who believe in following what the cosmos throws at you. Will I look like the picture above? Only if you've got beer goggles on... 

1 comments:

anny cook said...

:-) Love that last sentence!