BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Got it...


Years ago when the movie The Bridges of Madison County first came out I watched it and thought, like many other women at that time, “Get out of the car and go to him. Don’t miss out on the love of your life.” When she didn’t get out of the car and she stayed with her husband and let probably the only man who would ever really know her go, I decided it was a dumb movie and I’d never watch it again. But I did, just recently, and being older and a tad wiser, I understood more what was going on. Just because you need somebody doesn’t mean they can ever be a part of your life. I get it. Life does not work out neat and pretty and you deny need because, at the time, despite the pain, it’s the right thing to do. Sometimes you can’t have the person you need. Life is not a happily ever after romance story. Maybe that's why we rely on the fantasy of them so much because the reality is hard. Yes, a profound thought considering there is no coffee in the house….

3 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I agree with you. It's like the movie Witness. Harrison Ford doesn't turn his car around. Killer, but so much more meaningful.

anny cook said...

Life is full of terribly hard choices. And I think you're correct...that's why romances are so popular. They give us a chance to cheer on those individuals who will have a happily-ever-after.

Sandra Cox said...

Well said, Amarinda. And you're right. Its what keeps the romance market alive.