BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 3 June 2010

Most annoying…


So, I have this annoying cough thing going on and I have been off work for a couple of days to get it all under control. Anyway, I realized this morning that I should have filled the prescription the Doc gave me yesterday. A smart women would have. A tired, coughing, oh-just-let-me-die-in-a-hole type of woman, as I am, just dragged my arse home to do said dying.

This morning, after great reluctance I changed out of my flanno pjs and went out and got the script filled. Have you ever noticed when you’re at your most ill everything is incredibly hard? Patrick, my car, and I set out on the 10 minute drive to get money, get drugs and go home. We got stuck in the traffic jam from hell. I sat for 20 minutes coughing my arse off and swigging water and swearing at the traffic. Well – I believe swearing helps in these circumstances. I swore more when I looked at the petrol gauge and realized Patrick was running on fumes. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Dumb car. Patrick, wisely, said nothing. He knows when to shut up. He’s actually the perfect male.

As soon as we got out of the jam, I got petrol. I lined up to pay, coughing away, and this bloke says “You should give up the fags” (cigarettes). Oh how I love complete strangers dispensing advice. I coughed a lot in his direction. I’m supposed to spit out what I’ve coughed into this screw lid jar for someone to analyze. What sort of a job is that? Spit analyzer? And um, no – that’s disgusting. I don’t know about you, but I don’t spit. I think 98.5% women are genetically inclined not to. But hey, the jar is going to be really good and secure to put earrings in when I travel.

Best thing about today? Maverick rang and brightened my day. Distance does make the heart grow fonder…thanks Mav…big kiss and a slug on the arm from me...

Amarinda Jones
Penn Halligan
www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I hope you are feeling much, much better, mate.