BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 29 March 2012

Insert superficial here…

I was having a long chat, as I do, with the lady who pours hot wax on my skin and tears strips off me – and I pay for it – yes, madness does abound in the Jones family – and we were talking about her clients and the weird things they do and want. Its fascinating stuff and excellent conversation despite the circumstances. Anyway we were talking about men and what they have waxed – amazing things that I had never contemplated before - and waxing their backs came up. Neither she nor I could fathom why some women – insert superficial here – object to body hair on a man. What is that about? Who is so frigging perfect that they can point at another and demand perfection?

Have you ever noticed in romance novels that men rarely have hair anywhere? Is it a requirement to be hairless in order to be loved? Here’s the conclusion we came to. We like men to be men. We expect a certain rough masculinity because essentially a man is a man and we like that he’s not a Ken doll. You want him to wax his back for you? How would you react if he tells you to lose weight, have a Brazilian or have your boobs done before he will love you? Think you’re perfect? I can guarantee you’re not. Remember that when you expect someone to change for you.

2 comments:

anny cook said...

Shudder. I like men just like they are. Never understood the deal with body hair anyway...

Sandra Cox said...

I gotta believe the women who want no body hair or in the minority, don't you?