BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Zen simplicity...

So a couple of months ago I saw a Buddhist monk walking along the side of the road about 5 minutes from where I lived. It was an unusual sight in the middle of a rainforest valley. He looked like he should have been walking in Tibet. I thought I was dreaming it so I doubled back in the car and went to have another look. He had disappeared. Huh. I conceded I was mad and went on my way. Mad is ok. It’s works for me. You have less to explain when you’re nuts. Today, I saw the monk again. He was stoically trotting along in his robes and sandals with an umbrella in hand. I waved at him. He waved back. I drove on thinking to myself that it’s nice, that despite his calling, he is realistic enough to not expect the God he worshipped to protect him from rain. Would that all religion were so simple.

2 comments:

anny cook said...

Hope you're keeping safe and dry...and carrying your umbrella!

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Beautiful post. I'm glad you're not totally mad.