BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 11 March 2012

Of tosspots and unicorns...


One of the local candidates in the upcoming state election came to the door and spruiked his stuff. I stood and listened because it was polite to do so and he did seem earnest in what he said. In essence he wanted me to believe in cupcakes, unicorns, sunshine and lollipops. He was articulate and charming. He listened to me at that moment but I was well aware he would not necessarily listen to me later if elected. He mentioned the party leader. I said ‘he’s a prick’. He was a tad taken aback and his response was ‘women don’t seem to like him. Possibly he comes across as arrogant.’ No ‘possibly’ about it sunshine. I explained how rudely this party leader treated my parents many moons ago when he was just out of Uni. He was a friend of my brother. My parents weren’t up to his speed and he let them know it. They had no real money, other than hard worked for savings, and they had nothing that was of use to this tosspot. So he treated them like crap. My mother did get back at him in a politely, deadly succinct way as only she could, that let that little prick know that he had messed with the wrong woman. The candidate said ‘Oh, well, men will still vote for him.’ I pointed out to him that men are very influenced by women. He looked at me like that was something he hadn’t factored in.

Politics. What goes around comes around…