BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Limit me not...

So, I was talking to a friend and he was telling me of a plan he had in mind and journey he was about to undertake and all I could think was "holy crap, that's going to require max effort” and frankly I was worried about him. Why? I don’t know. He's a big boy. Others had told him he was crazy - he is generally - and that his idea to do what he was going to do was silly. It occurred to me as I was talking to him it's more that we try and impose our limitations or lack of faith or zest for life on others when we call their plans silly.

Is the plan silly? No. It’s his plan. Hell, today I bought a giant set of footprint pavers – a left and a right foot – and that wasn’t all at silly.

2 comments:

Willsin Rowe said...

"it's more that we try and impose our limitations or lack of faith or zest for life on others when we call their plans silly."

I was thinking exactly this thought but in different words today. In my case it was regarding people with tattoos (arguably my favourite form of art), and the reaction that so many people have. Whether it be "you know that thing's there forever, right?" or "did you think how that's gonna look when you're 60?"

It occurred to me that those comments are pretty apt demonstrations of exactly what you're saying there. Kewl.

Unknown said...

Tatts? I have 7. At 60? I'll look amazing because I'll have lived my life the way I wanted without worrying about what everyone else thought