BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 10 July 2011

Road trip....


I love fake, tacky stuff like this photo at Innisfail.



The giant gumboot at Tully. It usually has the highest rainfall in the area and I think you will agree, like the fake fluorescent orange palm trees above, it is a thing of beauty.
Tully, along with Mission Beach was one of the towns that had the shite kicked out of it in February this year when Cat 5 tropical cyclone Yasi paid us a visit.





Mission Beach...not a soul on it. Made me a tad suspicious...



Mission Beach a deux...This area is known as the Cassowary Coast. Cassowaries are endangered birds. http://amarindajones.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-road.html The speed limit is low around this area due to the number of birds that cross the road - and I saw an actual cassowary do just that. No, I don't have a photo as I was too surprised to see one but I do have a nifty shot of the car seat when I was startled by it's appearance . Sure, there are signs everywhere telling you to watch out when you're driving but I never expected to see one. But, in saying that, the cassowary I saw could have been a tame one that wanders out on cue - "Hey Carl, it's 1pm - time to cross the road and bedazzle the tourists..." Consider me bedazzled....

2 comments:

anny cook said...

It was lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Helen W said...

Beautiful beach. Lovely frog!