BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 8 July 2007


Because I Can review
Because I Can grabbed me from the very beginning. The story is well paced, enriched with humor, mystery, lots of steamy on and off the wall sex, and suspense that will have you glued to your seat reading until the very end. Only an author who has a great talent with words and putting them to paper can bring about a story such as this one. The author responsible creating this work of art is the truly, talented and amazing Amarinda Jones. This is one author you'll want to keep your eye out for in the future. I know I sure will!

I love gardening but two things stop me – writing books and the bloody drought. The writing thing I enjoy but the drought thing is a pain in the bum. My once flourishing garden is now just a collection of dead or dying plants. We are not allowed to use water on the gardens and that is understandable. Water is precious and to be used on human beings only. To this end the State Government issued all households a pretty blue egg timer thing that you stick up on the bathroom wall. It is supposed to run for 4 minutes. The plan is to get every household down to using only 140 litres of water a day. This is a good plan however the egg timer is crap. I diligently set it every time I shower and it can still be slowly passing sand through the hourglass when I get home at night. I believe I was given the ten hour version. However it matches the bathroom so I really can’t complain and there is the added amusement value. Thank you State Government.

I have been waiting 2 and a half months for a rain water tank to be installed. This is nothing – some people have been waiting 7 months. We are all installing them for two reasons – the drought and a very nice cash back offer from the Government. And no, we have no rain to put in them but it’s the old theory that it you install it, it will rain. We’re Aussies and we are optimistic in nature. I, of course, had to pick a rare colour for my rain water tank. But that’s me. Give me an option and I will pick the most obscure and expensive. It’s just the way I am wired. I will always want the most difficult thing that everyone shakes their head at. My mother always said “Remember you are descended from the Kings of Scotland” basically meaning there is nothing you can’t do or have and stuff anyone who tries to stop you pursuing what you want – storm blue rain water tanks included. I like to use the Kings of Scotland phrase to confuse people – example – “I can’t believe you just said that!” My response “I did because I am descended from the Kings of Scotland.” No one really has a come back for this and I gleefully do or say whatever it is they don’t want me to do or say. I expect I will go to hell in a handbag one day but even the Kings of Scotland were mortal.

11 comments:

Anny Cook said...

So I knew we must be related. I am also descended from the King of Scotland. I truly like that as a reason for misbehavior. I believe I will try that and see if it works for me.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...gee after reading the wedding scene in your book I don't know whether I am even game enough for that

Phoenix said...

I believe, in my heart of hearts, that the State Government is trying to tell you something. Either it is "Amarinda dear, take a shower and quit marinating in your own dirt." or it's "Goddess Amarinda, for you there are no rules and we will simply reduce all other's time allotment, because for you-oh great one- there is no such thing as a time limit. We shall suffer to serve you decendant of Scottish Kings."

I know which one you will chose to believe. To that, I say, take a whiff before you decide.

My you ascend to my level of suckupness (which this comment does not show).

Unknown said...

I smell live the lillies of the god damn valley woman...

Phoenix said...

Living ones?

Unknown said...

Stay as sweet as you are Kelly

Phoenix said...

I only pick on the ones I love. You and Anny are favorites, of course.

As virtual mail has no smeller, I will assume your exquisite taste is representative of the care in which you present yourself. Therefore, I would imagine you forever perfectly put together and fresh as a daisy. Readers of this comment strand should know I am a terrible tease. Leave Amarinda alone.

Unknown said...

No, she is really not on drugs...

Anny Cook said...

How do you know???

Unknown said...

I am assuming all Americans are as wholesome as Mom and apple pie...isn't that the theory?

Phoenix said...

It's just a theory.