BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 20 July 2007

Thief of Mine Released today!!


Let the pigeons loose! Thief of Mine – Released today!! Click on the cover and check it out.
Thief of Mine - the blurb...
It's not unusual for the bride to have sex on her wedding day. But when the bride is begging for another man to take her hard and fast in front of a startled bridesmaid that's unusual. Not that Stella Rowallan wanted to watch. She walked in on it and now she can't walk out. The man taking the bride is bad, wild and hot. Stella knows she should be appalled. But she's not. She wants him. What is it with the bad boys that make them so damn good?
But all bad boys have a past and Kit Kincaid is no different. He is a self confessed thief who likes to have sex in wild, daring places. And Stella Rowallan is just his type of woman - shockable yet willing. But he has a problem. A freaky witch woman and her followers are chasing him for a stolen stone idol. Kit has it and he plans to sell it. Can he have both Stella and the idol or does something have to give?

After the fanfare of getting Thief of Mine released I know you are wondering how can I possibly top that? Well I can...sort of. I am getting a new washing machine delivered tomorrow morning. Yes, much excitement - ok it's not but I have a pile of washing that has grown to Everest proportions and as the damn washing pixies won't do it, I have to. Damn pixies. But you know what it? I am lucky. No, not that I get to do laundry- that's just bloody boring. The thing is at least I can buy a washing machine – a lot of people can’t. I was talking to a work colleague, in another country, that I talk to everyday, occasionally about work stuff but mainly we just gossip. I love her accent when she swears. All her swear words come as as two syllables i.e. F*** and then 'ed'. Anyway she cannot afford either a washing machine or a fridge. Why? Because their standard of living is so different to ours. I believe it's always good to have a reality check to realize how lucky some of us are and what we take for granted. I also sponsor a child in Bangladesh – well she is a teenager now. Sponsoring is a big reality check. I remember coming home one night after what I considered a crap day at work to find a letter from her telling me how excited she was that she got a chicken to look after. This child has nothing material in her life and a chicken made her day. So I remind myself of that when I start to bitch and moan. Yes, I will still bitch and moan but with the realization that I am doing okay all things considered.

Okay off the soapbox. The work day finished on a high. The upper level manager (I am lower level management but much more attractive) came in and said "We can all leave early today". I was standing up with my handbag in my hand and walking to the door on the word ‘leave.’ Skippy, my morose assistant announced that she would stay until the ‘proper leaving time’ as she ‘knew someone would need her.’ No she’s not a superhero who needs to stay by the batphone. She just lives by an iron set of self inflicted rules whereas I believe in taking every blessed opportunity to skive off early. As I rushed past the sanctimonious Skippy I waved as even the anally retentive need recognition. Yes, I am a half-arsed boss. But on the bright side I am very good to myself. I stopped on the way home and bought myself a bottle of champagne in recognition of this.

And now, without further ado - the much anticipated 4th instalment of the continuing adventures of Emmeline and the man was the ‘thing’ in his hands...(sorry Anny. I did change the ending. Yes, I am very very naughty.)

“You bastard,” Emmeline cursed softly. He knew how badly she needed what he held in his hands. Her mouth craved the hard smooth feel of it against her lips. She wanted to suck it slowly inside and savor the taste of it on her tongue. She ripped the goggles off her head and looked at him. He smiled knowingly. She hated the fact that he thought he had this power over her. “You’re delusional. I would never let you touch me let alone taste me and the only time I ever sighed your name was through sheer and utter boredom.” Emmeline pointed her laser saber at him. “You’re cute but not as cute as your twin brother.” She saw the muscle in his jaw jump with anger. “Now give me that damn chocolate bar or I will deny you the one the thing you desire most.”
The man laughed and shook his head. “You do that and I'll make sure you never know where I have imprisoned my twin brother."

Check out Anny’s insightful and most likely crazy response Saturday on -
http://www.annycook.blogspot.com/. Missed reading a bit? Check out Kelly on http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/

By the way…did I mention I have a book released today? Thief of Mine – bad boy meets occasionally good girl – take a walk on the wild side.

Poll results for A challenge is...most popular was "A pain in the arse when you are busy doing other stuff." Clearly smart and attractive people read this blog.
http://www.blogger.com/www.freewebs.com/janetdavies

6 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Wellllll, aren't you the naughty one. AND you ruined my paragraph! I swear you were over here peeking! Ooooooh. No chocolate for you!

Phoenix said...

OOOO! You added another twist beyond what you told us. So glad Anny's next. Though, she's probably going to make the twin a hermaphrodite alient with five tongues which requires orange sherbet to survive...something only obtainable by cutting through the steel vault with the lazer jobbie thingy.

Anonymous said...

Amarinda, Mucho congratulations on Thief of Mine. Very exciting blurb, the type I like with sizzling sensuality and suspense.

And you are as good at creating an intermittent story as writing your novel. So now the THING is a chocolate bar and there is a twin brother hidden. Maybe Helen will offer to pub before you even finish.

Annie, is Emmiline going to suck on the chocolate bar alone Or... Let's see what you come up with.

Mona

Unknown said...

Anny, you know how terribly sorry I am...really, truly...
Kelly...ha ha...you follow Anny
Mona - you have great taste and are clearly very smart

Anny Cook said...

Hah! przzzzttt!

Unknown said...

I am sure "Hah! przzzzttt!" means you are so impressed with me that words fail you...that's okay...I know I'm good