BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 17 July 2008

Day 4 at work - hope returns....


“Our Vision for the future to build a nice society” -- M, my sponsored child in Bangladesh talking about what her village youth group hopes to achieve in her letter today.
** If a15 year old young woman can see the obvious why can’t we?

I finished the follow on to Tantalizing Tilly and sent it to my editor warning her that she will probably need copious amounts of alcohol to wade through all the typos. I am considering starting up my own language based on typos. I was forced to do Linguistic Analysis and the Evolution of Language at Uni as part of my degree. I know that language can be created very simply and that no one can justifiably challenge it if it is part of your natural vernacular for it is inherent and natural to you. What am I going to call the language of typos? I was thinking Typolish. It will be for people who are quick thinkers but lousy typists. No one would have to worry about explaining what they were saying as all the other Typolians will instantly understand them. Does nerfel fankle werg mean anything to you? Is pukeable part of your daily sperk...I mean speak? If so, consider a degree in Typolish.

Speaking of my editor, I was telling her that the most drop dead gorgeous man came into the office to fix the photocopier. I swear the temperature in the room increased due to female hormones suddenly ramped up to fever pitch as tongues hung out and eyes followed the blond guy. There was an instant rush to the fax machine to send useless information as the fax is next to the copier. I must say that I did look at the man maybe once or eleven times. He was just that sort of guy - though I will admit he was not exciting enough to stay beyond knock off time. Only George Clooney with a bottle of champagne and hundred dollar note in his hand could induce me to work overtime. Ahh…some men are just terribly nice to look at aren’t they? Sigh...

Taste of Liberty by Nancy Hunter is out right now from Cerridwen Press. You will not want to miss this book. It is a fantastic read. Click and buy and don’t miss out!

The blurb....

In a time of war and hope, loss and redemption, death and rebirth, tragedy unites two enemies who seek vengeance and find love, only to learn that it was never their destiny to be together…
Liberty MacRae, daughter of an American Revolutionary, and Sebastian Cole, a British soldier, share a vendetta against the brutal British commander who killed their loved ones. Each brings a special gift to their quest – Liberty has a second sight that allows her to predict death, and Sebastian is a Fated One, a man who died before he could kill his enemy and has been sent back by the spirits to complete the task. When they fall in love, they have to find a way to defeat not only the murderer, but destiny as well - a destiny that demands that Sebastian either forfeit his life to defeat his enemy or forfeit his soul. Can they find a way to change their destiny before Liberty’s most harrowing premonition - that of her lover’s death - comes true?

The excerpt….

Sebastian was silent.
Libbie couldn’t tolerate the distance between them. She needed him to hold her and look into her eyes the way he had at the inn, to make her feel as safe now as she had then.
“At the inn, you were going to tell me something about the night we met,” she said.
He leaned toward the mantel for support but winced when his shoulder brushed against it.
“You can tell me while I check that.”
“No, it’s fine.”
“I’m in a better position to judge that than you are. My skills saved your life in that cave. You trusted me then,” she told him as she stood and stepped in front of him. “Trust me now.”
Her hands trembled as she reached for his tunic and lifted it over his head.
She noticed bruises on his neck and gently touched one.
“A souvenir from Norton,” he answered her unasked question. “No damage done.”
He didn’t pull his gaze from her as she reached toward his shoulder but he lifted his hand in the air to protest. She slowly pressed her fingertips against his. Sparks danced between them as she pressed the length of her fingers to his, then flattened her hand until they stood palm to palm.
Sebastian pressed his free hand against the small of her back and pulled her body against his. He moved his face slowly, carefully, toward hers. She stopped breathing as their lips touched, then pressed more firmly together. His mouth was strong and demanding. She responded in kind, blocking out everything in the world except the warm feel of him.
He moved his mouth over her cheek and chin, planted gentle kisses along her jaw, ran his tongue down the length of her throat. With one last lingering kiss he lifted his head and looked into her eyes.
“You made me feel alive that night. I can’t explain to you what that meant, what it means to me to be near you, to touch you, taste you.”
She reached up to wipe a tear from his cheek. He caught her hand and kissed it, then closed his eyes, pressing out more tears.
“But knowing me put you in danger. I had to get away from there, from you, to protect you, to keep you safe. God, I wanted to give you that but I couldn’t.”
“No one could.” She leaned against him. “I know how fragile life can be. I know that no one can keep me safe every minute of every day. But there are things you can give me. Important things.”
His lips nuzzled her ear. “Tell me,” he whispered.
She swallowed hard. “This heat. This passion.”
He ran his fingers down the length of her spine. “Is that what you want from me?”
She nodded. “Since the moment I met you.”
“Libbie, I know I don’t deserve you. I don’t deserve these feelings you bring to me. But I was so afraid I’d lost you tonight. I prayed I could hold you just one more time, even though I know it’s wrong of me…”
“No, Sebastian, this is right. So right.”
Their lips met again in a deep kiss that left her quivering. She pulled away from him just long enough to let him lift her shift over her head and drop it to the floor. His gaze roamed over her, leaving a heated blush in its wake. He pressed his bare chest against hers as he gently kissed her eyes, then nipped at her earlobe. He ran his tongue over the pulse in her throat.
Libbie gasped at the small, scintillating touches.
Sebastian stroked her back, her buttocks, her thighs, pausing only to pull off his own breeches. Then he bent lower until he was kneeling in front of her. With his upturned mouth, he kissed one breast, then the other, flicking his tongue teasingly over her throbbing nipples.
Libbie moaned as he pulled her down to kneel with him, his hands caressing every inch of her. Her unpracticed touches were less gentle as she rubbed his dark chest hair and small, smooth nipples, which rose to hard points under her fingertips. She lingered over his rippled stomach and slowly traced the soft line of hair that began under his belly button.
With one hand supporting her back and the other wrapped in her hair, he crushed his mouth against hers. His erection pressed insistently against her belly. She leaned back, pulling him toward her. Her desire for him had turned into a feral, instinctive need to feel him deep inside her.
He stopped, suspending her just above the blankets. “Are you sure? There will be no turning back.”
“I don’t want to turn back. The past is full of pain. I just want this time, this place. This moment with you.”
“I’ll be gentle, love.”
She dug her nails into his back. “No! Not gentle. I want your passion. Make me feel it. Make me burn!”

Yes! The Amarinda and Anny contest starts Friday - race back here for more details tomorrow!


www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Eye candy at work is always a good thing. Years ago I had a salesman I would call to come in whenever we were having a particularly bad day, just to improve the mood in the office.

Sandra Cox said...

"I will admit he was not exciting enough to stay past knock off time." LOL I love it. That's me. I'm so focused on getting to my car at 4:30 that I truly hope no one is standing in the hall on my way out the door. I'm very much afraid I'd walk right over them in my haste:)
Wishing you many sales, Nancy:)

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Always nice to have attractive scenery. Excellent excerpt, Nancy! Wishing you many sales.

Molly Daniels said...

Sign me up for typolish:)

Anny Cook said...

Ah, typolish. Where were you when I was in high school...? Probably in nappies still.

Nancy--excellent excerpt. Sounds very intriguing and it's in a totally different time period than most historicals...very good!

Regina Carlysle said...

Great excerpt Nancy! Happy sales!

Oooh...love me some George! What a MAN! Once had an electrician come to the house. Cover model material. A girlfriend was over at the time and we were absolutely drooling over him. The next morning (on a Saturday) he showed up at my door handing out religious tracts. If he'd only known what my friend and I had been thinking just the day before! lol

Unknown said...

There a man at the office all the ladies drool over. Luckily for us, he's a permanent employee. All the single women are fighting over him. He's not only super good looking but extremely nice. He's such a gentleman - he always holds doors for ladies and will go out of his way to get the door. He has for me on many occasions. If I were single...

JacquƩline Roth said...

Great excerpt! Love the concept too.

We had an IT tech who used to work at our school. He was the most adorable nerd: tall, dark and sweet. He came by my room regularly because my kids had a tendency to be hard on the equipment. My female students loved him and used to call him "the hot computer guy." Being late for class meant nothing if they could get another look at him.