BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 24 July 2008

Face it….


If wrinkles must be written on our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old.
James A. Garfield

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning – saw the fine lines, the dark circles and thought uh huh…you need more sleep. I did not think – crap you’re getting old because I don’t worry about stuff like that. The older I get the more I look like my mother and that’s more than fine by me.

So, does age worry you? Are you like Edina and Patsy out of Ab Fab trying desperately to hold back the years by being hip and trendy? Do you invest in potions that contain things like Tibetan yak spit that promise younger skin in 7 days? I have used the same face cream forever. It’s not the slightest bit trendy nor does it come in a small pot that costs more than my phone bill. It was what my mother used and her skin was fantastic. Sure, she had some wrinkles but it was still great skin.


I often wonder why it’s only in recent years men have only started using moisturiser. Surely their skin was dry before that? Or was it not macho to put cream on your face? You and I know what it’s like when you don’t. Your skin is dry. Or did men just consider this was par for the course being a male? Tough skin = tough man.

It fascinates me that people will spend thousands on a holiday to an exotic Asian location and while they’re visiting they have a nip, tuck and suck done on the sags and bags. But then why not? It’s their money. I just think it would be easier doing it close to home so you could crawl home to your bed when your face or thighs ache and you feel like crap. An acquaintance of mine had a ‘holiday’ like this recently and when she came back the only thing people noticed about her face lift was one of her eyes looked wonky. I support anyone who feels the need to tuck and suck. I personally prefer myself untucked and unsucked.


How can you stop wrinkles? Well you can’t. You would have to…
– Stop going outside to enjoy the warmth of the sun
– Choose you parents at birth for their genetic coding
– Be like Peter Pan and never age
– not lose the weight you may want to lose
– Stop laughing or being happy, angry, sad or any emotion whatsoever
– Don’t drink plonk or eat junk food.
Really in effect you would have to stop living – then you would be dead but a wrinkle free dead. Is that an option? Yeah, all things in moderation but I think you can moderate yourself to death too. We’re humans. We’re going to want to do the wrong thing at some time – so we get a wrinkle or two for our sins. I can live with that.
*************
We have to be able to grow up. Our wrinkles are our medals of the passage of life. They are what we have been through and who we want to be-- Lauren Hutton
*************
The Two Sides of the Face:
- the left side represents the true, inner, private self.
- the right side represents the outer, public self.
The 12 major features’ general characteristics:
· ears - risk taking ability, longevity
· hairline - socialization
· forehead - parents’ influence
· brow bones - control
· eyebrows - passion, temper, pride · eyes - receptivity
· cheekbones - authority
· nose - ego, power, leadership, wealth
· lips and mouth - personality, sexuality
· chin - character, will ·
jaw - determination
Are your eyebrows dark and thick? If so, it is quite feasible that you have a lot of passion and anger. What about your eyes? The more open your eyes, the more open your heart. Do you have high, prominent cheekbones? If you do, you are likely to be authoritative. (Some might even call you bossy!) What if your left eyebrow is thicker than the other? Remembering that the right side of the face represents the outer, public self and the left side represents the inner, private self, you can see plainly that your face reveals that you are apt to feel more anger (inside) than you show (on the outside). Take a closer look at your ears. Are they the same size? The same shape? Even the same height? It’s not unusual for our ‘matching features’ to be different, though most of us do not notice such differences, on ourselves or on others, unless we are looking for them. If, indeed, your right ear is bigger, or more prominent in shape or position, it means that you appear to take more risks than you actually do take. Interestingly, if our right side features are so much more distinct, or prominent, than the left features, we will sometimes ‘act out’ a certain behavior even though it may go against our inner nature. For instance, some people who have a more prominent right ear find that they take more risks than they actually feel comfortable taking. From....http://www.acupuncture.com/education/tcmbasics/mienshiang.htm

So, maybe we should stop looking at the wrinkles and really look at the person’s face to see what they feel and what they have experienced and whether we can trust what we see.

When you're 50 you start thinking about things you haven't thought about before. I used to think getting old was about vanity - but actually it's about losing people you love. Getting wrinkles is trivial. --Eugene O'Neill

The winner of the Amarinda and Anny contest has been notified by email and as soon as we receive a response, Anny and I will publish the name. Thanks to all that entered and all your kind comments. Remember you can join my newsletter and go into a random drawn every month up to January 09 for one person to win a prize.

www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

7 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Loved the blog and especially the pic:) I have the cheekbone thing but I'm not very authoritative:) And my ears aren't a perfect match.

Anika Hamilton said...

I laugh all the time and love junk food. I guess you know where I'm headed.

Very good blog post...

Regina Carlysle said...

My wrinkles are laugh lines and wisdom. My story and I'm sticking with it.Nice to know my big, wide eyes mean something cool. I like that idea. Far too much emphasis is put on appearance, in my view.

Anny Cook said...

Oh I liked the info on this blog. You always have the most interesting things on your blog. This is cool. As for wrinkles... I look like a road map which is appropriate for all the "places" I've been!

Molly Daniels said...

Several years ago, I cracked up when a male friend revealed he used (and loved!) the moisturizer his company manufactures. And my own son used his friend's 'cleansing cloths', insisting I buy them for him. We went looking for them, and he was horrified to learn they were generic Oil of Olay wipes! But since they cleared up his acne, he hid them in the bathroom, so it would look as if they were mine.

barbara huffert said...

Hm, my face changes depending on how bad my migraine is. Which is really me?

Jacquéline Roth said...

Never much bothered about what I looked like. My clothes are clean, hair brushed, face scrubbed...that's about all I've been concerned with. Of course I have pretty good genes where wrinkles are concerned. I'm 12 years older than my SO, but have been told I don't look it.