BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 4 July 2008

The call of fish and chips...





Okay…finally I have newsletter. Thank you for all those people who kept telling me to get one. I can’t say anything exciting is going to happen on it or if anyone will join – but hey – it’s done…want to join? See below… don’t want to join? Then don’t see below. Unsure whether to join? May I suggest you have some chocolate and contemplate your options or your navel? Does the newsletter have anything but an intro on it an the moment? No…I tried to do it at work but my work email will not accept stuff from my home email. My work email seems to think I am sending stuff to work to do when I should be working…as if. I have a ‘spam file’ in my name that can only be accessed by management. Well, at least they’ll have something to read.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/

Unbreakable Review...

I love a story where the woman is strong yet vulnerable and the man is so into making her realize that over forty is not dead. While there is light bondage it is totally erotic and the sex is fantabulous (I had to turn on the fan and the air conditioning...). It was a well written, thought-provoking read, portraying not only the female but the male's emotional outtake on a very touchy subject for a lot of people.
http://tjbook-list.blogspot.com/2008/06/review-unbreakable-oh-yum-by-amarinda.html

Two comments I always get about my writing.

1. I like that your heroines ‘don’t have supermodel bodies.’

No, because real woman don’t. We aren’t made of silicon and plastic therefore all our lumps and bumps have not been ground down to polished perfection. My heroines are not perfect. They have all the flaws of their creator. Yes, I am flawed and I like it. Anyone can be perfect...
it's so passé.

2. Is Brisbane a weird-arsed place with vampires, demons and people from other dimensions wandering around? Yes…weirdness abounds. It’s a big city and stuff happens. Do I know for sure soulful vampires hang out in the suburbs and the heroes from other dimensions visit often? No, but then that’s not to say they don’t. So yeah, come to Brizzie and take a squiz. You never know who you may meet.

My-my…

I may leave my Queensland Firefighter calendar on July for the rest of the year due to the smiling, bare-chested fireman I see as I pass by. Absolutely delicious and lickable that man.


Ta-ta…

The incredibly unpleasant person I have had to deal with over the last 3 months finally retired. Ding, done the witch is gone. This woman was such a bully who terrorized past employees until they left in tears and she could emasculate a man quicker than any woman I have ever met. I have politely ignored the woman as I knew this would piss her off more than attack. Someone told me she still has to be respected because she is older than us – you know “respect your elders.” Bull - shit. I said you have to earn people’s respect and age has nothing to do with it. This did not go down well but then I remain true to myself and my principles and I do not follow the herd. She was exceptionally unpleasant and no doubt will remain a ball shrinker. There’s nothing to respect in that.


Sickening…
A convicted pedophile was been placed in a small country town in Queensland (my home state) for his own safety. He is awaiting another trial on pedophilia charges. Disgusting, perverted waste of space that he is. Apparently he feels he cannot get a fair trial and is upset no one wants him living near him. Really? Can’t imagine why? The inhabitants of the small town he was shunted to found out he was living there and demanded he leave. He has. Can people be reformed? Some can – some need to be castrated…he is one of them…just my opinion…
*******************************************
Right…I will love you and leave you now. I am absolutely knackered and I am off in the pursuit of fish and chips at the local fisho. Enjoy Friday…well of course you will. It’s the best day of the week.
*******************************************
www.amarindajones.com
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

barbara huffert said...

What you're not posting the pic from your calendar for us to drool over too? Shame on you.

There was a story in the news here recently where an elderly pedophile was convicted. Instead of sending him to jail, which the judge felt would be pointless at his age, she sentenced him to posting large and easily readable signs on his house and car stating who he was and what he'd done. His lawyers are fighting it because it's so unfair to humiliate him so publically like that. I think they should all come with warnings labels like that.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent review! Congratulations!

Fish and chips and a sexy fireman? What more could you want?

I am disappointed to know that you haven't yet met your local vampires. I was sure that you were part of the club. On the other hand, if that were true you could introduce them to your ex-coworker as a snack. Hmmmmm.

Anika Hamilton said...

Wonderful review, congrats.

I'm with Barbara, you should share.

As for sickening, I agree with you completely.

Katie Reus said...

Awesome review!

Ugh, for his own safety? Blech! People like that can't be reformed and as far as being castrated, eff that, they should be executed. Castration doesn't actually take away their thoughts or urges, so they're just as likely to do horrible things to more children. I could rant about this for a while, but I'd probably run out of room on your blog. When it comes to this issue, I see in black and white.

Hope you have a great Friday. Here in the States it's the 4th so we have off :) Yay!!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Oh, Man! Now I want fish and chips. You are a cruel, cruel woman.

Grats on the review and the newsletter.

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the review:)

All pedophiles should be forced to wear a GPS system. Along with castration and execution.

Regina Carlysle said...

YAY about the review and newsletter and BOO HISS that we can't see the yummy fireman!

A few days ago the body of a 12 yr. old girl from Vermont was found. Her uncle was involved in a sex ring involving very young girls (as young as 9) with some other men. Looks like he'll be charged for killing his little niece. What a subhuman creature he is!

Unknown said...

Isn't retirement great?

I, too, rejoiced when my ex-boss retired. She made us miserable. Fortunately, our new boss is soooooooooo much better. Compared to her, he's a dream.