BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Possibilities...



So, I'm packed...ready for a 6am Friday flight to Melbourne. I was talking to the man who makes my coffee every morning and he said there's something about getting on a plane and just flying away that is exciting. Yeah, there is. It's the infinite possibilities of the unknown. That, or just getting out of work for 5 days.

My bag is too heavy of course. I have to make sure I have a male check-in attendant because I may have to employ some flattery/flirting/crying to get out of the excess baggage. I have made it all worst by bringing down something to be auctioned off in the silent auction at the Australian Romance Readers Convention for the bushfire victims. But it’s a good cause and I can be disgustingly charming when I want to get out of something.

So, I'll leave you with this song.
Click here. I was singing it on the way out this morning...no, not going to LA but it's an airplane song and I dedicate it to Miss Moon who threw me out of the Girl's Brigade when I was six years old for excessive blaspheming. She hated this song. She said it made her want to scream. Excellent. It was on the charts at the time. At six, the chuck out experience taught me two things - 1. Religious dictatorships never work and 2. I will never be a team player. It wasn't my first chucking out - got thrown out of the Girl Guides 6 years later for smoking - and it won't be my last.

www.amarindajones.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

0 comments: