BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 3 February 2009

What is it with…

…people who have old cars rusting on their front lawn? What’s the point of that? I pass by this house some mornings - I say ‘some’ because it depends how awake and active I feel as I trudge around the neighborhood on my morning exercise – will I do hills today? Stay on the flat? Pass by and sticky beak at the house I like and maybe cut a piece of the frangipani that over hangs a fence? This is perfectly legal as every gardener knows – okay maybe not legal but real gardeners do it because they can. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. This morning I took the half-arsed 30 minute walk. It goes past the house with the deceased car bodies. Thankfully, the house is no where near mine. Mind you, I would have got rid of those eye sores long ago if they were my neighbour. How? I have a habit of wearing people down until I get what I want and sometimes it’s just easier to give in to me. So these cars sit there all kicked in and rusty and I have to wonder why? They’ve been there for years basically rotting on the front lawn. You can see that the owner mows around them as grass grows through the rusted hulks. So why keep such crap? Sentimental reasons? Maybe they had their first prang (accident) in this car? Is it art? Maybe it’s a statement against man’s struggle with the pitch and wail of an increasingly volatile universe? Maybe they are just lazy and cannot see how crap their house looks with metal carcasses on the front lawn. You have to wonder what’s inside. Well, I do. I wonder about stuff.

Speaking of stuff…sex – and why is it so easy to write at work. Okay, yes, you’re probably one of those good workers who would not dream of doing anything un-work like at work. Me too. I consider writing ‘work’ so it only seems logical I take it to my place of business. See? Both are technically work orientated situations, both I get paid for and no one could ever excuse me of not working at work. It’s the sliding Amarinda scale of what’s acceptable. It’s like when you park in ‘staff’ parking at a shopping center because there is no where else to park. My theory is everyone is a ‘staff’ member somewhere – therefore I can park there. Anyway, sex at work, I’m all for it – writing it that is. I think it’s easy to write at work because you have no distractions like you do at home. Oh sure, people ask you work questions but it hardly takes up your time to give vague answers. Also I think it’s the fact that it’s totally silly to only do personal work at home when you have a whole day at work to use. I also think to write erotica at work is fun because it’s wrong and bad and naughty – and all of those things appeal to me. Have I ever been caught out? No, if someone asks what I’m doing I look ‘em in the eye and say ‘reading that dumb arsed report’ – there’s always one of those. Or, ’doing the figures’ – businesses love figures. No one bothers to look to see you are writing about naked people doing some very interesting things to each other/others or you’re trying to describe the orgasm the heroine is having. They just believe you. I like that trust people place in me.

That’s it for today’s session of the world according to Amarinda…

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I can't get away with writing at work - or even going to a personal internet site at the day job. They monitor everything and tattle to our boss. And the CEO's niece sits behind me and can see my computer monitor even if they didn't spy right into our computers.