BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 8 August 2009

I remain myself…


To thine own self be true – William Shakespeare.

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

I said something the other day that upset someone so much they called me a ‘bitch.’ Golly gee. Here’s what I think. You don’t have to like me. You don’t have to agree with any opinion I have for it is just that–opinion based on what I believe. You don’t have to read the blog if it’s going to upset you. That’s okay. How boring would the world be if we all agreed on everything?

We all have choices in life. I’m not about to stop saying what I feel or think or believe just because someone doesn’t like it. I am me. I am a woman. I am a bitch. I am an individual. I am a nonconformist. I am a sinner. I am a piece of work. I am a commenter. I am okay. I am myself. I will not change to suit someone else. I will not hold my tongue for fear of not fitting in. And, as always, I will remain true to me.



www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I love Janis Joplin music.
Liked the Dr. Seuss quote.
Have a good one.