BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 6 August 2009

Uh oh....

“…you’re buying a cold one.”

“Damn straight, Skippy. I’ve had the day from hell.” I placed the icy cold bottle of Aussie Chardy (Chardonnay) on the bottlo (liquor store) counter. I never buy cold. They know that. I drink a bottle of wine a week…a glass here…a glass there. Gone are the days when I was dumb and twenty and could drink people under the table…’probably still could…but I digress…the day had been shitful. Even best friend Ethel, across town at her job, added the word ‘scrotum’ into her email subject line that indicated how crapacious her day was. If Ethel uses ‘scrotum’ in a sentence, it’s a bad day.

Why was it bad? Because it was all my fault…no, really. At work, I try and balance/juggle money and banking all day and deal with people who’d rather balance a pen on their nose than consider for a moment what happened to cheques, or credit card payments or vital information I should know before I ring someone and find out an answer I should have known two weeks ago and now it will take hours to sort the problem out. Hence the wine….and the bag of chips…oh and the chocolate mud scone. And no, it’s not part of my diet. And no, I don’t give a rat’s bottom.

I saw this picture – see above and thought – yep – ‘should have been a stripper – probably would have been easier. Now, don’t get me wrong. I admire strippers. They are gutsy people who have seen it all and wouldn’t have to reach for the chardy and chips to de-stress. That’s why in my next life I’m coming back as a stripper. I have the attitude but not the body which probably accounts for not being a stripper in this life. I’m also very good with money so shove a hundred bucks in my knickers and I would bank it – not wait for some cranky person to ring to demand where it was.



Fear of Being – has been released – let the pigeons loose…

The blurb…

Spencer Grace is living her nightmares. No longer content to haunt her dreams, an evil creature called the red man invades her world and turns it upside down. He knows things about her that no one else does. He feeds on her fears. He wants her for his own. Spencer is fighting for her life. She will not let this bastard win.

But this creature is not the only one new to her life. Two men, each with their own agenda, come to her. Both want her body and her heart. Both are prepared to share Spencer to allow her a long dreamt of desire. But in the end only one can have her. Who is stronger?

But can Spencer believe either man? Hot sex and fantasy is one thing but trust is another. It’s no coincidence that evil and love have come into her life at the same time.

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I trust tomorrow will be better.
Congrats on the release/

Regina Carlysle said...

Some days just SUCK and nothing helps but going to bed and starting over the next day.

Congrats on the release. The cover is great.

anny cook said...

Having a pukeable day here, also. We need some TimTams.