BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 24 September 2011

One man’s dream…

I’m heading down to Paronella Park. It’s about an hour or so – depending how many times I stop to look at stuff - from Cairns. What is Paronella Park? Well, in 1930 Jose Paronella decided to build a Spanish-type castle out in the rainforest of Far North Queensland. Like all rainforests it’s thick, impenetrable and people thought he was nuts to do it. But he had a dream. He succeeded in that dream.

The dream castle, like all dreams, is now just a beautiful ruin in the rainforest. I was there in February this year, with some friends, cleaning up after Cyclone Yasi. After the clean up, due to my state of knackerdom, I only had a brief look around but I made a vow to go back. So, I’m spending the day there, doing the night tour and staying overnight in a cabin in the rainforest. I’m looking forward to it. I love people who dream big and refuse to be dissuaded from those dreams.


2 comments:

anny cook said...

It looks lovely. Have a wonderful time!

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Amarinda, this looks so amazing. Have a wonderful time. Yes, dream big!