BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 18 November 2007

Sunday stuff...


Some people, who have never met me, seem to think I should have a husky or ‘smoky’ voice like Lauren Bacall or Kathleen Turner because of what I write. That’s funny. It’s weird the perceptions people have of us even via email. I don’t have a husky voice. My voice is pretty ordinary. I have been called ‘loud’ or ‘cold’ but not smoky. I was talking to Sara, my overseas work counterpart, the other day and she asked how old I was. I told her. She was amazed. No, I‘m not that old and anyway age is just a number. She said I thought you were about 22. So, see what I mean? People make judgments over the phone or mail and they are most amusing.

I looked up husky voices…there are all sorts of weird websites dedicated to husky voices. I saw the clipping below…

Career-driven women are lowering their voices to get ahead in the workplace and gain acceptance in a society that is still male-dominated, a study suggests.


"Women have been striving to attain acceptance in a previously male-dominated society and they may have lowered their tone to enter that realm.

"A deeper voice might be associated more with power."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=389130&in_page_id=1879

In my less than humble opinion this is a load of crap. Women get by in the workplace because they act smart. They use every feminine fiber in their being to get ahead. Look at me, I have every male in the office scared to death of me and my word is law. No one questions me or if they do they back down once I explain my point of view in polite, cool tones. Everyone knows how you get treated in life depends on your attitude. Act strong and people will be reluctant to push you. I do not believe the sound of your voice has anything to do with it. It’s all to do with the power of your mind. What do you think?


I am getting the driveway done tomorrow. Yes, it has been a saga and yes, I am bored to the back teeth with it too. But tomorrow is D-day. It’s not getting ripped up, its getting repaired and coated in the natural rock stuff. I am sure it has a technical term and I am sure I was told it but I like ‘natural rock stuff’ better. The best thing is I can drive over it when I get home from work. This makes my father exceedingly happy as he thinks leaving your car out in the street for one night means that everyone who has ever hated you will come and do something to your car. Wow, interesting thought. Might be worth leaving it out to see who turns up. Luckily I am not that paranoid.

As you know the blog serial is back Monday with Kelly on
www.kkirch.blogspot.com. Anny had Emmeline being pierced on www.annycook.blogspot.com. The Perils of Pauline has nothing on our girl Emmeline. She has to get a break somehow.

Quote for the day – “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world” – Anne Frank.

I know you are all champing at the bit for a glimpse of the next book from Anny Cook. Well champ no more…I present you an excerpt from Winter Hearts – released 12th December 2007 from Ellora’s Cave. Wander off to Anny’s website www.annycook.com and check out her book and especially the maps of Mystic Valley – fascinating.

Warning – this is an adult excerpt - get your fans ready.


In a relaxed lope he made his way back to the cabin, pausing at the edge of the woods to yank off his jeans, boots and shirt and stash them in the crotch of a tree limb. He stood there in the trees and stoked his abused length while he wondered what Unity was doing in his cabin. Maybe she was taking a shower. Maybe she was stretched out on the bed in naked splendor. What color were her nipples? Pink or Tan? He shook his head in self disgust. What did it matter? She was in the cabin because her life was in danger.

Then smoothly shifting form, he ambled across the clearing in front of the cabin, moved up the steps to the warm sunny porch floor and with relief curled up in front of the door. Nothing would be able to get past him without waking him up. Instantly, he slept dead to the world.

Seconds later—at least to his tired brain it seemed like seconds later—a shriek shrill enough to herald a five alarm fire echoed across the clearing. Blearily he raised his head and peered near-sightedly around. He needed to find whatever was making that god-awful noise and kill it.

Blam! Unity grabbed the book from the tray before she dropped it on the bear’s head. Then holding the book in both hands she proceeded to beat the bear about the head in a terrified frenzy, aiming especially for the nose. The more growling noises the bear made, the harder she swung her book while screeching at the top of her lungs, convinced that her life was in mortal danger.

“Help!”

Whap!

“Somebody help me!”

Crack!

Quill tried to capture her arms to keep her from hitting him.

Smack, smack, smack!

“Ooh, you nasty bear! Help!”

Quill was in exquisite agony. His nose burned like fire and one ear stung like the dickens. He felt his temper rising uncontrollably and shifted into human form without a thought. “Stop!” he bellowed angrily as he reached out and yanked her into his arms.

Before Unity had time to register the sudden mind boggling appearance of her naked host, he covered her open mouth with his, thrusting his tongue inside. A deathly hush fell over the clearing. She whimpered and wound her arms around his neck clutching him tightly. Their tongues dueled desperately as his hands slid down and curved around her ass.

As though that was the signal she was waiting for, she gave a little leap and wrapped her legs around his waist. Suddenly, Quill was struggling for balance with a clinging armful of wild woman.

Hey, Quill! Seems like now would be a good time to take that little gal inside! Tate’s rumbling amusement was clear.

Why’d you have to say that? Rack grumbled. I was hoping to see if his technique’s improved since he’s been living in the city.

Quill moved inside the cabin and kicked the door shut. Both of you shut up and keep your eyes open. He carried Unity across the room, reluctantly lifted his head and placed her on the bed before backing away.

“I knew there was something weird about you!”

His face flushed a ruddy red. “Yeah, well that’s not the half of it.”

“Why’d you stop?” she asked softly.

“Because now’s not the time,” he said evenly as he pulled a pair of dark gray boxers from the armoire and stepped into them before going into the bathroom to find a washcloth. He soaked it in cold water, wrung it out and gingerly pressed it against his swelling nose. A thin trickle of red covered his upper lip.

She rolled from the bed and went to stand in the bathroom doorway, watching him in the mirror. “I don’t suppose you’d like to explain how you can be a bear one minute and a man the next?”

“That’s the easy part,” he muttered through the folds of wet cloth. “I’m an angel on special assignment. One of the gifts God gave our unit is the ability to change shapes.”

Unity hooted. “Right! I give you points for creativity. What’s your next trick? Maybe an elephant or kangaroo?”

Seconds later the bathroom was filled with a baby rhino. The hard little stub where his horn would eventually grow grazed Unity’s arm. “Ho-ly—“

“Don’t say it,” he warned shifting back into his human form, irritated as he picked up the boxers and slipped them back on.

“That must be inconvenient,” she observed as she intently watched him stuff his rigid cock under the soft gray fabric. The cloth didn’t hide his condition and in a way actually looked more indecent than his former nudity. Then as she still had her eyes on the tent in his boxers, his cock popped out of the fly opening.

She licked her dry lips. It didn’t seem to help. “Wow! Is that real? Or is that part of the angel deal?”

Quill choked and groaned. “Unity! How about giving me a break here?”

“Well?” she demanded. “Is it? I think I’ve been pretty good about the whole shifting into a bear deal!”

“What you see is what you get!”

You do indeed...

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

Anny and I discussed this at length yesterday. You write like your husky and edgy and don't piss me off. But when you talk, you are so pleasant and engaging I think your voice and tone trick men into thinking with their whoo haas until they've agreed to everything you say. It's only after it is too late they realize they've buggered themselves.

Anny Cook said...

Exactly. She sounds cuddly...like a fox. Heh-heh. Those fellows never know what hit them.

Unknown said...

That is really funny. I do the opposite. I worry that my voice is TOO husky and smokey so I talk higher pitched at work than I usually do. I think it makes me sound "cuter." Who knows.

XoXoXo
Dakota

Sandra Cox said...

Isn't that the truth about phone perceptions? And you are right, the way we carry ourselves, the image we portray makes a difference in the way we are treated.
Anny, good luck and many sales.

Unknown said...

cuddly...pleasant...engaging...
who's been on drugs this morning??

Molly Daniels said...

Ooooh, Anny...this sounds great!

I don't like my voice, except when I've got laryngitis...it's too high, and love my sis's deeper tones. That explains my 'no publicity' camera-shyness...unless my bff is there to do the talking!