BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 21 March 2008

Marlow’s Curse - released today - let the pigeons loose!


The Legend of the St Michael Witches

If a St Michael witch be unwilling, great pain will afall ye. Your innards will twist and your manhood die. Seek no help as none will come.
If a St Michael witch be willing, true love and pleasure will be yours for an eternity as those who give themselves only in love will take no other.

Marlow’s Curse – the blurb.

Legend has it that if a St Michael witch is not willing no man can take her without suffering the consequences. Sybylla is the last St Michael witch. She knows that when a St Michael witch falls in love her lover becomes her weakness and the witch becomes his downfall. Sybylla will not allow her fate to destroy a man. But some men are hard to resist.

Marlow is not just any man. He is a vampire, cursed centuries ago to wander aimlessly through life believing he does not deserve more. When he meets Sybylla one moonlit night two lonely worlds collide. Marlow is aware of the legend but that doesn’t mean he is going to let a myth get in the way of deep enduring passion.

But Marlow is not the only one who wants Sybylla. A demon pursues her wanting vengeance and Scar will stop at nothing to make her pay. Will Sybylla sacrifice her own future happiness to vanquish the demon and save Marlow? Can a willing witch and a cursed vampire beat the odds?

Reasons to read about a vampire this Easter…

Vampires….

… to the best of my knowledge are non fattening
…love and adore all women regardless of size or PMS issues

…would never deny a woman chocolate as pleasure is the most important thing to them.
…are incorrigible romantics who will do anything for their women
…will kick down the gates of hell to save the woman they love
…and let’s face it – they are sex on a stick.

Please remember – anyone that comments on my blog today – say what you like – goes into the draw for one person to win a copy of Marlow’s Curse. Now, the only thing is, if I cannot contact
you through your Blogger ID or you leave no email address then you cannot win. So make sure you are contactable. Contest closes midnight Friday US EST. The winner will be notified by email and announced on Saturday’s blog. Good luck.

Yesterday at work someone announced they were quitting their job. No, it wasn’t me for a change. Anyway I was quite pleased with this as she had to leave. Why? She had the same shirt I did and she could not stay because of it. No, it wasn’t an embarrassment thing - it was more that I consider myself unique and will not dress as another does. I’m sure all you unique people understand that. She had to leave or give up that shirt. I’m a reasonable woman.

Work is odd. There is a lot of intrigue and bitching going on under the surface as happens in most offices. I really don’t care on the whole as I am there to get paid and go home. What does worry me is the alarming need these people have to hug and kiss each other hello and goodbye – or just because they can. I have never been in an office of kissing, hugging people. It’s actually quite pukeable. I have made it known that I'm a hug free and kiss free zone. I’m picky when it comes to that. I worked with best friends Ethel and Katie for ages. Ethel and I never hug – it’s always a handshake. It’s just the thing we do – mainly to do with knowing each other’s personal history. Whereas Katie insists on a hug whenever we meet – she does not accept my offer of a friendly punch on the arm. Okay, so that I can handle as I know these two people and it’s not a constant hugging thing. But am I just odd – wait let me rephrase that as the answer can only be yesum - do you think it’s odd that workmates are all kissy face with each other on a constant daily basis? I feel like I have walked into some cutesy land, sugar plum fairly land and expect to hear "It’s a small world afterall…" being sung. Thank god there is that edge of bitchiness to keep it vaguely interesting.

I bought two of the heaviest dining room chairs. They weigh a ton. Why did I buy them? I liked them and I always buy impossibly awkward, difficult furniture. That’s my nature. Just getting them into the car and driving home was an adventure. The despatch bloke said “You’ll never do it, love.” Ha! Don’t ever tell me never as that only makes me more determined to do it. I did it even though I ripped off part of the rubber seal on the car getting them out. I then lugged them upstairs with much effort and bruised shins and banged them down near the table, making the floor shake at the weight of them. They do not match any of the other chairs or even any of the other furniture in the house and yes they look gothically odd but I’m not someone who worries about stuff like that. I also bought a heap of odd curtains that were marked at a quarter of the price. None of them match but they will be perfect in my bedroom as they are gauzy, gypsy type ones and they only have to suit me. The added bonus is I saved $200 so in theory I have a $200 credit that is like a gift for me to do whatever I want with it. That’s how the women in my family view shopping moments like these. So what are the best or weirdest or heaviest buys you have made of late?

"I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire." --Michael Romkey (I, Vampire)

One thing vampire children have to be taught early on is, don't run with wooden stakes.” --Jack Handy

I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow-- Bela Lugosi

The dynamic duo of Anny and Kelly can be found spruiking on www.annycook.blogspot.com and www.kkirch.blogspot.com as always

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh .. am I too late? Or too early? Geez this timezone thing does my head in.

Unknown said...

I know mate...I'm totally confused and blogger does not help telling me it's still Thursday when in Oz it's Friday night yet Friday morning in the US...head spin....

barbara huffert said...

A huggy kissy office? Ew. And how dare that woman wear your shirt! Bet it was much nicer on you.

Love the chairs. That's how my house is decorated too, in stuff I like. Couldn't care less if it matches the stuff I liked last year.

barbara huffert said...

Oops, forgot to leave an email addy. bhuffert@gmail.com

Molly Daniels said...

Happy release day!

Huggy, kissy office workers? Do they not spend 8 hours a day with each other? Then why the 'oh I'm so glad to see you again' mannerisms?

Myself, I hug if huge blocks of time has passed between sightings. If you and I ever meet, I'll try to contain myself and give you a friendly punch in the arm or a handshake:)

Chris Power said...

Vampire... O, how I love thee, let me count the ways...

God, yes! Sex on a stick? Ooooh, yes!

Sorry. Got a little carried away there. :)

And those chairs sound fantastic! We have some rather splendidly gothic wall-mounted wrought iron candlesticks in our dining room, and they are very atmospheric against the terracotta coloured walls.

Me, I'm all for individuality in all things. My work office never was the kissy-kissy kind of place, but then, we were all frightfully English, don't you know. But I did have issues with the dress-code. I very rarely met the public, so why the hell did it matter what I wore? I love those long bright Indian-hippy-gypsy skirts with embroidery and fringes. Admittedly, me not being a stick-insect in shape, I tended to look like a Victorian lampshade, but hey, that's me. The stupid thing is, I could get away with them, but I got told off for wearing a perfectly respectable, clean, unpatched or trendily ripped and faded, mid-shin length denim skirt because--shock-horror--it was denim!!

Anny Cook said...

No kissy-huggy office for me. I only kiss/hug friends and very seldom did I actually WORK with friends.

Love the chairs. That's my house. The househunk finds things in the dumpster. He once found the exact kitchen cart that I had been saving for--$250. and not a scratch on it. I'm still shaking my head over that one.

Caitlin Hoy said...

Hi Amarinda, great contest. I absolutely love the cover for Marlow's Curse. It sounds like a great read and I can't wait to try it. Pleae enter me in your contest. Hope I win. Happy Upcoming Easter!
Caitlin
ckh988@aol.com

Ashley said...

I cannot wait to read this book! I've been waiting for it ever since I read Shades of Gray. I think Marlow is so sexy.

email - iheartbuffy@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Amarinda, happy release day. Love your vamps and really enjoyed reading Shades of Gray. Very sexy cover, and who wouldn't want to get wild and wanton with Charlie.


Lee M
skebums3@yahoo.com

Deborah said...

Happy release day! Just recently started reading your work and I love it! Please enter me in the contest. (DLHOLLAND@mac.com) Love the blog too. Always make a point to read it on my phone at work to take a break from the day.

None of my furniture matches either since I subscribe to the "buy what I like when I see it" mentality. Most decisions are based on whether I can lift it and it will fit in my car or whether it can be delivered by cute men.

Unknown said...

Vampires are yummy. I'd love a man who would kick down the gates of hell for me. I like the non-fattening part, too.

As for working in an office, my coworkers like to hug and kiss each other, too. Then they bitch behind each other's backs. I try to ignore it as much as I can. It's not as easy to ignore it now that I'm manager. I keep my mouth shut and pretend I'm not noticing while I really am.

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like another winner, Amarinda. I love the witch and vampire combo.

Mona Risk said...

Congratulations AJ for another winner.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new release. It looks great. As for the "huggy/kissy" office, that's a new one on me.

Jane
djnorth@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add my email, although I'm not real fond of advertising it. You still have it do you?

Nah, no hugging in my office days. The motto was to never let anyone's hands near your back. For obvious reasons ;)

lrhubble said...

I don't blame you for not liking the hugging and kissing ugh.... I don't think I could handle that one.

Marlow's Curse sounds very good. Love the cover. :-)

Larena
lrwirum@cox.net

Elyssa Edwards said...

Not commenting for contest, but commenting on content. I love odd, oldfashioned furnishings. Unfortunatly for me the SO is a more modern soul. So my large antique wooden rocker and huge square wood and glass coffee table sits next to black vinyl couches. The iron and glass twisted candlesticks sit next to very old family photographs on the mantle.