BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Wednesday stuff...


Melissa Lopez has a brand new book out called Dark Sentinel. It’s the first book in the Netherworld series. Book 2 – Dark Chance is released June 10th. Melissa kindly answered some questions for me. As always, to buy Dark Sentinel it’s just a click on the cover. Go on, you know you want to…

Dark Sentinel – the blurb

Their love could give him a second chance at life—or condemn her to an eternity of damnation.


A Book of Netherworld

Yanked from his tortured existence in Netherworld and dumped naked in the Louisiana Bayou, Lash could swear he’s died and gone to heaven. Except for the fact that a millennium ago he died a condemned soul, forever barred from Paradise. His new life feels like the next best thing, full of small miracles. Like silence. And ice water. And the company of a beautiful, compassionate woman.

Teva is a woman with a taste for heavy-metal music, an inherited talent for magic, and a trusting heart. She knows nothing about the mysterious stranger she’s taken in, only that he needs her help. And the fact that he’s gorgeous hasn’t escaped her attention. She can’t see Lash as anything other than a sexy, gentle man who soothes her nightmares away.

Then Lash learns the real reason for his reprieve from Netherworld—he’s been sent to corrupt Teva’s soul with sinful pleasures. Starved for tenderness and aching with desire, Lash yearns to accept the loving embrace Teva offers. But he can’t give in to passion without tainting her, condemning her to the horrors of Netherworld.

The ultimate battle between good and evil is brewing, and Lash stands caught in the middle between Teva, who owns his heart—and Satan, who owns his soul.

The interview

1. You can win one million tax free dollars by going on TV and telling your deepest darkest secret. Do you?
LOL…sure since I don’t have any deep dark secrets.

2. Is what you look for in a man what you write in the hero?
Yes, I’m married to a sensitive alpha.

3. Do you think your heroine is like you and if so why?
Oh, no, not at all. We don’t match in looks, characteristics, or life goals. So many differences.

4. If your book was made into a movie who would play the hero and heroine?
I can’t think of an actor who’d make a prefect Lash, but maybe a red-headed Reece Witherspoon for Teva,

5. Do you get writer’s block? If so what do you do to break it?
A time or two a character has gotten quiet. When this occurs I simply write on another project. I normally have several projects going.

6. Do you subtly write friends and family’s characteristics into a book?
Not as of yet. And I can’t see myself doing so in the future.

7. Do you believe in soul mates or is it just hype?
Oh yes I do. I believe some couples get lucky and connect on a much deeper level than others.

8. What words do you have a habit of using a lot of when you write? Is it a problem when it comes to editing?
My critique partner Mechele Armstrong would probably know this better than I. But I think I hit on different words in different stories.

9. What is the most unforgettable thing about your book that will make people glad they picked it up to read?
The journey for Lash and Teva to happy-ever-after.

10. Where can readers find out up to the minute information on Melissa Lopez?
I keep my website updated with regular monthly updates.
http://melissa-lopez.com/
And Netherworld has a series site dedicated to it.
http://nether-world.net/

Thanks so much, Amarinda for having me! I’ve enjoyed the questions.

Melissa Lopez
JOURNEYS OF LOVE every woman needs to take.

……As always, a pleasure Melissa…Amarinda


Amarinda Wednesday…

- ‘Got a flu needle – it was free so what the hell. ‘Watched grown men faint when faced with a needle – fascinating stuff.
- Very annoyed this morning as I had overwhelming attack of loneliness – so very unlike me and I was most cross with myself. Big wimp. I have however discovered the rapid cure for loneliness – eat two chocolate crackles for lunch – what loneliness?
- I cooked dinner on the stove – me? Cook? I was most amazed. Okay, sure it was stir fry but the thing is I did not use the microwave. I used flame and a wok. I had to lie down afterward with a cold compress on my head as I felt dizzy at this unaccustomed activity.
- Okay - want to bitch about something? Do you have a burning issue you want to bring up? Do you have a question you always wanted answered about the opposite sex? Yes? Coming very soon is a fantastic new blog where everything and anything will be discussed. In the interim feel to drop an email to
ohgetagrip@gmail.com. Now naturally, we reserve the right to weed out the insane when it comes to emails. Already we have some great topics lined up from everyday readers. Want to know what I’m talking about? Watch this space…

Anny is taking tango lessons and trying to decide whether to dance with a rose in her teeth or not – check out www.annycook.blogspot.com. Kelly is considering the benefits of piercing her tongue and getting a tatt on her stomach – want to know more? Check out www.kkirch.blogspot.com

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

10 comments:

Sandra Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Cox said...

Great interview ladies.
Sounds like an intriguing read.

Melissa Lopez said...

Thanks, Sandra!

Phoenix said...

Wonderful interview, sexy covers. Melissa you are a pleasure in person and on paper. Good job you two.

Melissa, how goes IRWA these days?

Mona Risk said...

Melissa your book looks great TBR. You two did a nice job with the interview.

AJ I can't imagine you depressed, even a little bit. You're the one whose posts always cheer me up. But you must have been for cooking to yourself. I NEVER cooked for myself, no matter how depressed or how energetic.

Mona Risk said...

You said: want to bitch about something? Do you have a burning issue you want to bring up?

Yes I do, but why another blog? There are more blogs than we can keep up with in a day.

Melissa Lopez said...

Thank you, Mona! :)

Thanks, Kelly! Long time no see. :) All is well at INRWA. We miss you though! :)

~Mel

Bronwyn Green said...

Great interview and the books look awesome!

Bronwyn Green said...

Great interview and the books look awesome!

anny cook said...

Ahhhh. The internet finally came back. Hmmm. Great interview Melissa! My gosh Amarinda! Cooking? Real, honest to gosh cooking? Next time post a pic!