BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 8 May 2008

'Got to laugh or scream or maybe sit in a corner and rock...


Mad About Mirabelle – review

I’m sure if you’ve read any of my previous reviews of this Australian wonder, you know I’m a die hard fan of Amarinda Jones. Mad About Mirabelle is just one more to add to the “Things I love about this author” list. The enthusiasm in which her latest couple engaged in carnal sports was not only exciting but hilariously funny. Talk about two energizer bunnies. Flynn and Mirabelle had to be out of their clothing more than in. I love couples who are able to smile and laugh as they get to know each other. Appreciation of life is so evident in Ms. Jones’ characters that you fall in love with them immediately. Anyone who loves to smile while enjoying desire won’t want to miss this latest morsel from an author who continues to bring as much fun as she does desire to her work.

http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/May08/
madaboutmirabelle.AJ.html

‘Got home last night and there was a card in my mailbox from Promptel that said “Service checked and everything working fine now.” Uh huh…I went inside and guess what? No dial tone – that was new – it was just the internet that was not working before – now the phone line was dead. I laughed my arse off….wankers… Saturday and the new connection to the rival company cannot come fast enough. So - off the topic of the as-useful-as-a-chocolate-fireguard-company aka Promptel. If you are an Aussie and want to know which company this is – email me and I’ll tell you who to avoid.

There is this big debate in Queensland at the moment – actually two – one is about a 64 year old child killer who is in hospital in a coma. This woman stood by as her mongrel dog of a husband raped a teenage girl then they both stabbed her to death. People are pissed – and rightly so in my less than humble opinion - that we are spending public money trying to keep this child killer alive. And no, the argument that she is a human does not wash in this case. She is lower than pond scum and doesn’t deserve a peaceful death. I truly hope there is a special hell for sub human people like this. Forgiveness for crimes like this? Never.

The other debate – the drought – the damn levels are dropping back down as no rain. People are now saying ‘why did the government have that day back in March where everyone could use water to do what ever they wanted to do with it for an hour?’ For those who don’t know, in south-east Queensland, we have been on water restrictions for yonks – yonks is a long time – do you use that as a time reference – yonks? We’re not supposed to use more than 140 litres of water a day and showers are cut down to 4 minutes. Though I did not participate in the use water for an hour however you like thing, it happened, and yes maybe it was crazy but we can’t be bitching about something that has happened. To my mind it goes into the shoulda-woulda-coulda pile of stuff that we need to move on from.

Dr Gozgo Zongo, apparently my good friend, sent me an email this morning. What did he want? First he asked if he could ‘trust me.’ Wow, that really made me feel special. Then he just asked that I send him $1000 so he could invest it into a new venture with me as his partner. What is it? Hmmm, not sure. Gozgo was a bit vague on that. Will I send money? Um, let me think…oh hell no. Who names these people and more to the point who would send Gozgo money? How many people do you reckon actually believe this shite?

For the past couple of days the coffee man who comes to our workplace has been most concerned about me. No coffee for Amarinda? Is she okay? Has she quit work? Is she on holidays? He was pleased to hear I was just ill and the thought of coffee was pukeable to me. As an old work acquaintance of mine, let’s call him Cedric, used to say, “I could puke all over someone’s shoes.” Okay, to be honest, Cedric said this a lot even when he wasn’t sick. He was a bit of a queen. So where was I? Yes – sick - miss a couple of days of an addiction and people begin to worry, not about you personally, but more about feeding your addiction. I suppose that’s sweet in its own, strange way. Beware the coffee pushers for they are truly divine…

Came home and cleaned this afternoon after work. No, I’m not sure either what possessed me. Maybe it was the home made cherry ripe slice that I bought at lunch time as I felt crap with this dry cough thing I now have – but I cleaned the house. Amazing, Grace. I do believe chocolate has restorative powers. What is a Cherry Ripe? It’s the nectar of the gods I tell you.

Someone sent me this long list of rules for something today via email…oh hard… I just deleted it as why piss yourself off with reading such officious tripe? Blessed be the rule makers as they need all the help that can get for removing sticks from their…er…anatomy.

So tell me – do you think Hillary Clinton ever had a chance of winning the Presidential nomination? My personal belief is that no matter how kick arse Hillary is she still doesn’t have a penis and there is a mindset against voting a woman in for the top job. Sure, political commentators can spruik on about how she has ‘balls’ but why does a strong, smart woman have to be perceived to have the suggestion of male appendage to be taken serious? We may have come along way baby but it isn’t far enough and what’s in your pants still rules.

So, have you checked out Anny and Kelly’s blogs? I am sure they are doing something very authorial..not sure, that could be a made up word. I’ll put it in my next manuscript and see if my editor has an opinion on it.

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

Katie Reus said...

Hmmm, I don't believe in forgiveness for crimes like that either. Forgiveness would imply that the perpetrator was sorry or remorseful, or that they made a mistake....and there's nothing in the world that could convince me someone who could actually do something like that would ever be sorry. I say, pull the plug and make the world a better place :(

On a happier note, congrats on the fantastic review ;)

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the review!

I don't get women who stand by and watch their husbands rape children. I think someone should 'accidentally' trip over the plug...

Anny Cook said...

Congratulations! Wonderful review and I agree wholeheartedly with it.

On other news fronts... so glad you're back and hope you feel better soon. You're absolutely correct about the cherry ripe.

Katie Reus said...

Btw Amarinda, considering all the drama you've had w/ your internet provider, a pedicure is exactly what you need (insert evil laugh here!!!) I'm going to bring you over to the dark side so you'll see what you've been missing ;)

Regina Carlysle said...

YEEEE GODS!!! You have nothing but trouble with your internet. It's hugely AWFUL to be without. Hmmmm, feeling a blog topic hovering here. Might give something along those lines a whirl.

Hope you're feeling better. sniffsniffsniff. I have a head cold, myself. Sucks.

Regina Carlysle said...

Woops. Almost missed the Hillary Clinton thing. Actually, I think she'd have done better had she behaved more as a woman rather than try to grow balls and try to fake it. Don't care for her at all. Don't feel obligated to vote for her because she's female but I DO believe she'd have done better had she let her softer side show through a bit more. She had bad campaign management, too. They were always fighting amongst themselves and it showed, I think. Personally, I have a problem with bush, clinton, bush bush, clinton. We need a different direction. Just my opinion.

barbara huffert said...

Hm, did Promptel tell you to disconnect everything for 20 minutes? Promptel USA uses that one all the time. And while you're waiting it gives them the chance to figure who pushed what button in error that has disconnected you.

No, criminals of that nature do not deserve anything humane.

LynTaylor said...

Bugger tripping over the plug. I'll walk in there and rip it out of the damn wall!!! No time for those kinds of creatures.

Damn. Promptel - okay. I have to ask who is it? Counting down the days for you!