BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 10 September 2008

I'm not on a ledge....

Thank you to all those who emailed me…I was not fully aware how many people read the blog. Amazing Grace – so I decided I had better advise the following - no, I’m not sick, suicidal, angry, depressed, a man, gay, a Venutian or upset. Yes, my books are doing well – thanks to you - and no, I have not been run over by a mob of kangaroos – nor am I joining a cult especially not if yellow or orange are the dress code.

I just wanted a day off and I had one. And you know what? It was good. I will do it again. Maybe tomorrow – maybe next week. However it did interest me the amount of people who were surprised I would skip a blog day. Do you know why I think that is? Two reasons. The obvious one is habit. We get used to something and when it’s not there we assume there is a problem. Nope - and even if there was I would hardly put it on the blog as others do. As you’ll agree some things are personal and should not be made public – i.e. marital dramas or long discussions about illness on a daily basis. You and I don’t want to read a blog for that. While we all accept people are human, a blog to me is a switch off – it’s a chance to look at another world and not be burdened by crap – that we can find in out own life if we really want to, can’t we?

The other reason – writing is a funny old business…writers are funny people…with funny thoughts and beliefs. It’s a tough game where back stabbing and sniping is everywhere. But that’s in any job or walk of life – and it’s something I have chosen to do and no, I’m certainly not without my sins…they’re probably my most interesting qualities. So you deal with it. It’s par for the course. But every so often instead of stepping up to the plate and telling someone to bugger off as I normally do, I step away because it just isn’t worth going through the drama with them.

So, that’s it….thanks for the emails…back tomorrow? If I have something to say…have a peaceful Wednesday

Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home, I'm tired.”-- Mae West

www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Love the sharp edges sign. You deserve a day off. Have another!

Sandra Cox said...

Loved the Mae West quote.
You sound more rested. Are you?

Anny Cook said...

Heh. I thought the entire post was pretty good. Now backing away from the computer. Have a good day!

Regina Carlysle said...

A mob of kangaroos??? You crack me up, woman! Everyone needs a break sometimes. Glad you took one.

Molly Daniels said...

Glad everything's okay:)

Katie Reus said...

I've been a slacker about blogging so I didn't realize you'd skipped a day, but I'm glad all is well anyway :) I love readiing and catching up on your blog, you alway make me laugh!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

figures. I took a day off the same day and so didn't notice...

Unknown said...

Great sign. I've GOT to test those edges now.