BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 14 September 2008

And the topic is - meaningless crap….


And the topic is - meaningless crap….

- I have developed arthritis in my thumb from smashing it with a hammer years ago
- No one can ever spell my name or street address correctly yet letters and parcels always get here
- I am in the midst of writing about vampires
- My younger brother wrote a play that was performed in a theatre
- My older brother hasn’t spoken to me for 8 years because I am a ‘disappointment’
- I am annoyed I don’t have a widows peak like all the other dramatic women in the family
- I didn't stay when I should have
- I have never done drugs – what’s the point? I can be just as dumb without them so why pay for them?
- I keep candles around the house but never light them – I just like the scent of them
-Everything I own is retro
- I like nothing better than fighting for a cause
- I am contemplating buying a new pair of Doc Martens
-I have a large collection of 1920’s butt ugly fairground plaster dogs and yet I don’t like dogs
- I can eat with chopsticks
- I never dot ‘i’ when I write
- I know Mondays will always be pukeable

But enough of me…world meaningless crap…
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
- The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was an albino.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily
- Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twerp.
- The hole inside a CD is exactly the same size as an old Dutch 10 cent coin, called the "dubbeltje".
- A snail can sleep for three months

http://dogman0.tripod.com/useless.html

That’s a Sunday for you – meaningless crap. Please add you own.


www.amarindajones.com
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Oh goody! Now I have something to do today--look up meaningless crap! Yay! I'll be back!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Knew the ferret and rat ones, didn't know the rest. Love useless trivia facts. Well done.

J.J. Hebert said...

I'm a big fan of trivia facts as well. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Anny Cook said...

Sorry, no time for meaningless crap today--or even tomorrow I suspect. H has be doing edits on Love Never-Ending. Mucho changes. Sigh. Talk to you in a week or two.

barbara huffert said...

A twerp hm. Good to know for next time someone calls me that. Of course they won't have any idea what I'm on about and will once again conclude I've lost my mind but that way they don't need to find something new to talk about. Sorry, mind really seems to be lost...no meaningless crap to add today.

Regina Carlysle said...

Words of wisdom from my grandma:
If your nose itches...company's coming. If your right ear itches someones talking about you. If your left ear itches they're talking and it's not good. Foot itches? You're taking a trip. Palm itches? You're getting money.

How's that? I'm sure I can think of some more tomorrow if you need some.

Regina Carlysle said...

By the way..this isn't exactly trivia but superstition and old wives tales. LOL

Regina Carlysle said...

AH HELL...Just saw your Roswell pic. Did you know the Coke machines in Roswell, NM are black and feature green ALIEN faces??? Big green heads with humongus black eyes.