BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 4 September 2008

Thursday minutiae…

'Boring as all get out today. I was totally pissed off as I had to be in charge again. Bloody hell! What’s that about? The thing is I don’t even look responsible and I didn’t sign on to work to be responsible. ‘Just freaking annoying as I got none of my own personal work done. I just find that wrong. If I have to work, I expect to do at least 50% personal stuff in that time….sigh…I only got 5% done today and tomorrow will be no better. I emailed best friend Ethel at her office across town and she was pissed off that she could not download music on the dozens of memory sticks she acquired from the office stationary supplies because they also expected her to responsible. I suggested she send me some in the mail and that way she could get even with them. I expect an express parcel tomorrow.

So today was a complete arse of a day other than the fact it rained and I stood in a puddle and it took me a while to work out what it was. Rain? Who would have thunk it? I then had to drive home in the Brisbane traffic in the rain. What horror. What mayhem. No one in this fair city can drive when it rains - out of practice. I needed 17 glasses of wine to counteract the white knuckled trip home.

So - that’s it…other than I spotted Wayne the possum under the house again as I was hanging out washing. I explained to Wayne to stay away from the washing and that I would be mighty disappointed in him if I saw him running around with my underwear on his head. A woman can only handle just so much.

Speaking of sapphire’s…okay we weren’t but now that we are, go to
Marissa’s Scheduled Procrastinationisn’t that a great title? Check out some sapphires and variation on a theme.

Not only but also….a contest…


Micah Blue has been released at Ellora’s Cave. To be in the draw to be one of two – yes two - people randomly chosen to win a copy of Micah Blue just answer this question. It’s very hard. Got your thinking caps on? What precious stone is featured in Micah Blue? Yes, difficult huh? Send you answer to amarinda_jones@yahoo.com.au. Entries close midnight (EST USA) Thursday 4h September 2008. The first 2 randomly drawn names will win.

The Blurb

A demon has been waiting one hundred and twenty years for the next chosen one who commands the power of the sapphire. He will stop at nothing to make that woman his own. He needs her power to survive.

Ever since a fortune teller gave Micah Blue a lump of blue rock the drought in her sex life came to a screaming halt. Dark, erotic dreams of a stranger haunt her nights and a tattooed builder drives her wild with lust during the day. Both men are wicked. One wants to enslave her and one just wants to love her.

Ned Langford, builder and part-time garbage collector isn’t about to the let the love of his life be taken from him. He will do whatever it costs to thwart a demon and keep Micah at his side.

As a friend of mine says…peace and mung beans to you…no, he’s not always stoned.


www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

7 comments:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

congrats on the rain. Not so much on the whole work thing.

Sandra Cox said...

LOL I have this mental image of Wayne wearing your underwear.
Wonderful news about the rain.
I predict Micah Blue will even surpass Because I Can.

Anny Cook said...

Rain! Excellent! That's wonderful!
Congrats on Micah Blue! I will sell a ton. What's not to like? A hunky tattooed builder? Yummmmy.

Molly Daniels said...

Yay! The rain dance worked:) We're also getting some today and tonight.

Regina Carlysle said...

RAIN!!! YAY. That's great news. If you seldom to NEVER get rain, the first inclination is to just sit and watch it come down.

barbara huffert said...

Sounds like here with the first snow. Snow? Rain only frozen. Happens in places where it gets honestly cold in the winter.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new release - Micah Blue. Many happy sales.

Yeah, now that I'm manager, I get NO personal work done. Heck, I can't even get my work work done - I get constant interruptions to help everybody else. The director says this has to stop.