BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 12 September 2008

It's official…


…I have been recognized with a pretty blue certificate from work saying I exceed expectations and go the extra mile. No really - it's true. I was quite bemused when my name got called out. Me? Are you sure? It seems that they have no idea whatsoever what I do at my desk when I have my head down typing. How good is that? It means I have this writing at work lurk down to a fine art and that no one really knows what I do yet I look efficient doing it. I take pride in that. I really do. How good am I? Sure, okay, it's not something that everyone would take pride in but I do. It's a genetic thing. I blame my convict ancestors. It's not my fault really if you look at it like that. I have no choice but to be bad. Have I hung the certificate with pride in work area? No but it it in the bottom drawer at work where I keep my sneakers and they’re important to me. So I have a certificate to say I’m damn good...as best friend Ethel would say – suckers. Actually speaking of that woman, she emailed to say she will read the copy of Men of Heart I send her. Ethel doesn’t read books. She only watches DVDs. That she would read my book is high praise indeed.

Okay – that’s it. The house if a tip (mess) and I must make an attempt to pull it in order before someone arrives. I have an hour to throw stuff in one room and shut the door – easy.

Knock Three Times - review

So begins an illicit (but not really) affair. It quickly becomes more on both sides, but Ballantyne is keeping from Montie about who he really is. And Montie is cheating (even though they aren’t having sex) on Adam. What a tangle!

Throw in a stalker Montie doesn’t know she has, Adam’s struggle with what’s keeping him from being intimate with Montie, and all the flaming hot sex going on, and I absolutely loved this book. Knock Three Times is a truly a great escape, not just to read, but from how people would truly act in certain situations. Logic says one thing but the author, Amarinda Jones, wrote another and I personally appreciated the total lack of common sense. Great read.
http://www.simplyromancereviews.com/
srrreviews/knockthreetimes.aspx

www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

6 comments:

barbara huffert said...

I, for one, am proud of your pretty blue certificate! I think you should hang it behind you as a reminder for all that pass by your area.

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Go the extra mile. Doesn't Oz use kilometers? Sorry--couldn't help myself. Congrats on your clear superiority at convincing them to believe what you want them to believe. Excellent.

Regina Carlysle said...

Yeah, I'm with Barbara. Put that up in a prominent place. It could be intimidating...HA...as if you need help in THAT department. :-)

Bet Ethel will love the book. Maybe you soooo hook her she'll start reading like crazy.

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the review and the certificate:) You've got your bosses completely snowed!

Anika Hamilton said...

Congrats on the blue certificate and the review.

Have a great weekend.

Anny Cook said...

Heh. Knock Three Times was such great fun. Great review.

Congrats on the certificate!

Have a greaaaat weekend.