BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Taking the Fall....

Taking the Fall is released today at Resplendence Publishing. Let the pigeons loose!
What’s it about? Ménage romance with heaven and hell…

The blurb…

Jontie Rhodes holds the fate of the future in her hands. The only problem is she doesn't know it. When she attends a friend’s wedding she has one thought in mind. She needs a man. It has been so long since anyone has touched her in passion.

Two men want Jontie. An angel and a demon both know she has a decision to make that can affect the lives of many. They each have a plan to subtly watch her and influence her to suit their own purposes. However what starts out as manipulation soon turns into love.

Jontie is caught between heaven and hell and she is enjoying every hot, sexy moment of it.

The Excerpt…

At the Kline-Pakowski wedding, two men stood watching the one woman. Their eyes were fixed on the curvaceous, slightly tipsy brunette who danced and laughed with the other guests.
“You cannot have her,” the dark man said as he came to stand beside the other whose gaze never left the lady in question.
“What is it you want, angel?” The tall man with the ash blond ponytail spared him a glance, not surprised to see him.
“She is not for you, James.” The angel’s tone was most adamant. “You are a demon. She is too pure for you.”
“It is not for you to tell me anything, Saint Gilbert of the anally righteous. We both know I am beyond your limited powers. If I want her, I will have her.”
Gilbert’s hands curled into fists. “You cannot always take what you want.”
“And yet you are here for the same reason.” James assessed him with cynical amusement. “You plan to manipulate her as well. You are no better than me, angel.”
“I do not have to justify myself to you, hell hound.”
James threw back his head and laughed. “Is that the best you can do? I have been called much worse.” His eyes locked again on the woman. “She is fascinating isn’t she?”
“Yes, most beautiful.” Gilbert swallowed hard, trying to focus on maintaining control.
James reached out and snagged a glass of white wine from a waiter passing by. “And she does not have a clue of her destiny.”
“I cannot allow you to use that against her.”
“Must you angels always assume those from hell are after something?”
“Historical evidence proves that your brethren only want what is best for themselves.”
“As do you holier-than-thou types.” James downed the contents of his glass in two long swallows. “You cannot tell me that who she is does not interest you, Saint Gilbert.” He reached over and grabbed two more glasses, offering one to the angel at his side.
Gilbert declined his offer. “She is the reason I am here.”
“You knew I was coming for her.”
“Yes.” That was a fact, and they both knew it. They were enemies who would do whatever they had to in order to get their own way.
“So do we allow her to save him or not?” James downed his second glass.

The follow on book to this – The Fall Girl - Tosh’s story - is due out in January.

Okay – yes – you are right. I am going to give away a copy of the book. Am I predicable or what? Okay then – I’ll give away two instead. As always those who belong to my newsletter – check here – are automatically entered into the normal monthly random prize draw (this month is Tim Tams) but as always feel free to enter. The prize now on the blog – two people win a copy of Taking the Fall.
The question – very, very hard as always – the two men Jontie falls is love with are special. What’s so special about them? As soon as you know email me at Amarinda_jones@yahoo.com.au with the answer. The first two correct answers randomly drawn will win. Entries close at midnight Wednesday 8th October (EST USA). Good luck.

I just came back from having my hair done. I went for intense red and vivid purple foils(streaks). Why? Why not? Not much to tell you. I am being very goodly at the moment and not eating crap or drinking plonk – as much as I want to – because I can’t. Well I can but I would be very pukeable afterwards. But all will be right in my world when they suck my gallbladder out through my belly button on October 24th. I know – I thought the surgeon was taking the piss – er, pulling my leg (American translation) too. But I saw the pictures and that’s what they do. I have asked them while they’re there to feel free to suck and tuck. I have also made a sacred wow. Come October 31st I will go back to my evil ways.
I can hardly wait. Being good sucks.

www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

0 comments: