BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 16 October 2008

When I grow up….

…. I am going to be like this woman. But for the cigar because I don’t smoke. I have enough vices now. Oh, and I’ll probably have red tinted hair. What I like about her is she is fabulous and herself. I suspect she is ageing exactly as she wants to and I doubt very much whether she gives a stuff what anyone thinks. That’s real power. To thine own self be fair dinkum (true).

Ageing – it’s going to happen so why agonize over it? You cannot be physically young forever but you can be spiritually and mentally young. I’m going for door number 2, thanks Bob. I have always believed that people who were beautiful in their youth have the hardest time aging as no one can keep up that façade without fears. So, I say go the plain girls. We shall be fantastic in our older years and kick arse.

Old age is no place for sissies.”-- Bette Davis

When I was a kid – I was worried I was plain looking. You know – kids worry about that stuff. My mother said – so what if you are? No one is like you and that’s why you are better than everyone else. My mother always said her ducks were swans and if you hear that enough when you are young, you will believe it. That’s empowerment.

So ageing – forget about it. Plain looking? Oh what power you have if only you realize it.

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.”-- Douglas MacArthur

www.amarindajones.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AmarindaJonesNewsletter/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

0 comments: