BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 9 January 2010

The Jones girl…


I Don’t Think So” is a phrase I say a lot. It’s like “Because I Can”. Why not make it the title of a book? Actually I am thinking of having a curlicue ‘because I can' tattooed on my arm…hmmm…anyway, “I Don’t Think So” is a series about warlocks. It’s out now at Ellora’s Cave.

The blurb…

When dashing warlock Thomas Darcy suddenly appears in Mariette Jane’s home announcing he needs her help, she knows he is lying. She is a facilitator between worlds. She is used to supernatural beings seeking her aid. But this man is different. His story does not ring true. So what’s going on and why is she suddenly having hot, delicious sex with the suckable warlock?

Thomas is lying. He has been sent to subdue Mariette Jane but he’s not sure why. He was only told of her threat to all warlock kind. But it’s hard to subdue someone you want to have lick all over and slide inside. The more he is with Mariette, the deeper Thomas becomes involved. Saving her beautiful ass becomes his prime objective.

The excerpt…

God no, she looked anything but perky and Thomas Darcy was quite amazed. This was not the woman he expected to see. His research indicated someone completely different from the redhead who was so pissed off by a simple advertisement. Mariette Jane was supposed to work between worlds as a troubleshooter. This woman looked more like she would make trouble and enjoy it. “Have I got the right address?” Thomas had expected a soulful, deep thinker unfazed by life. But no, he got a short, curvaceous redhead wearing fire-engine-red sleep shorts and a tight, back singlet top with a skull positioned over large breasts.


“Why do you ask? Don’t I look like a facilitator between worlds?” She handed the magazine back to him.

“No.” And I cannot believe I have been sent here to deal with you. Had there been a mix-up? “You’re in your pajamas and it’s ten o’clock.”

Mariette’s hands went to her hips in defiance. “Well, I didn’t have time to dress for this unexpected meeting. You just showed up. Besides, I like to ease my way out of my pjs. Rushing stuff gives me a headache.”

Thomas almost smiled. She was kind of cute in an offbeat quirky way.

“So what’s your story tall, dark and I guess relatively-handsome-if-the- lights-were-turned-off-and-alcohol-was-involved?”

“You’re impossible.” They couldn’t have got this assignment right. They wanted him to kill her? How was she a danger? The only weapon she had was her mouth.

“And you’re not the first person to tell me that, warlock.”

That took Thomas aback. He had dressed deliberately casually in order to not look like a threat. “How do you know I’m a warlock?”

Mariette blew out a sigh. “Tall, pissy, arrogant attitude and your hair is a dead giveaway.” She waved her hands at him. “It’s long and floppy around your shoulders."

Floppy? All warlocks had long hair. It was their trademark. No one had ever called it “floppy” before. It pissed him off somewhat. Most women found his hair sexy especially as it caressed their naked skin. Thomas brushed a strand of hair from his face. What would she look like naked? He had the overwhelming urge to find out. “You’re a piece of work.” He had never met a woman like this one. Thomas was intrigued.

“Thank you.”

“It’s not a compliment.”

Mariette shrugged her shoulders. “Whatever. What’s the deal?”

At this point Thomas knew he had no choice. He had a job to do and this woman was the reason he was there. “I broke an oath.” Thomas had his story all planned out. It was designed to lure the woman in and then when she was vulnerable, crush her.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” Was the warlock, Cypher, correct in his intelligence? This woman? Seriously? She could be the downfall of all warlocks with the knowledge she possessed?

“I break my diet every second day.”

The cocky grin she gave him made his cock twitch. There was something about this woman that was annoying yet attractive. Just my type. Thomas liked smart ass women. You never knew what they would do next and that kept things interesting. He shifted his stance to lessen the growing pressure between his legs. And stop looking at her breasts, man. Though her tight top made that almost impossible. “An oath is important.” He had never broken one in his life but he had to make her believe he had.

“So is fitting into my jeans.”

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

0 comments: