BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 25 January 2010

Nothing new under the sun...


So, I got sidetracked watching an Elvis movie – Viva Las Vegas – yes, yes - I should have been doing a gazillion other things on my Sunday arvo but that’s another long, involved story in itself. I love Elvis movies. I love Elvis. He fascinates me. Why? Because I wonder about truly talented people who burn themselves out so young. I believe people, like myself, with no real talent, always wonder about super talented people. They burn bright then fizzle. Untalented people don’t tend to fizzle. We just hang around and annoy the crap out of people. If we had any talent we would have worked the hell out of it. But I digress…

The thing with Elvis movies, as best friend Katie would agree - Elvis aficionado that she is - they require no real thought. Boy meets girl – she thinks he’s a nitwit – he sets out to prove he’s not – she falls in love with him – he screws up somehow – she then hates him – he does something noble - and she thinks ‘well, he’s a bit of all right and I can probably knock some sense into him.’ She marries him. Romance. There’s nothing new under the sun, baby.

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

I really wish you'd quit saying you have no real talent.