BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 24 May 2010

Marry, tarry, cash and carry…


So I was talking to an acquaintance of mine today about romance books. She reads ‘em by the boatload. She’s read mine. Her main criticism of my books and others on the market today? Everyone is having sex but no one seems to get married much in them. Huh. That never occurred to me as a problem. It is to her. Why? Because her theory is romance means a happy ending and that’s supposed to be marriage and not just sex…sex is good apparently…well it is…but in books specifically as long as the couple get married. Huh again. I wonder if this is a common perception of romance readers or a select few who believe marriage is some goal to be obtained. While I am not about to change who I am or my style of writing, it is food for thought.

Amarinda Jones
Penn Halligan
www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Be daring...read an Amarinda book

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Hmmm, marriage is the stock and trade happy ever after ending.
Good question. But I don't think its necessary to a happy ending. It just kind of puts the ribbon on the package to my way of thinking.