BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday 5 June 2009

The art of avoidance…



In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back -- Charlie Brown

I was dawdling back from doing the business banking today thinking about stuff. As I did I found myself concentrating on not standing on the cracks in the sidewalk. I did very well. I was so engrossed in it I nearly walked straight past the office. Why was I doing it? I think it was easier trying to concentrate on dumb stuff that doesn’t matter than hauling arse back to work and deal with other stuff…oh god no, not work stuff…life stuff.

Is it just me or do we go out of our way to complicate life? Why do we do it? Maybe it's to do with past history, past hurts. Maybe it's about being scared to let go and take a leap of faith. Maybe it's about knowing some things are so important that you don't want to screw them up so avoiding them is safer. Maybe it's about being used to relying on yourself and that to rely on someone else requires a surrender that makes you nervous. Maybe I'm just a wimp. Whatever it is I swear I will stop trying to skip to the last page of the book to suss out the ending nor will I try and control everything. I will just let things happen. It’s doable…I guess….I'll work on it.

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?