BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 8 June 2009

Monday...


I packed for my trip to Cairns today. Wherefore art thou Cairns? See map – it’s at the pointy end of Australia – two and a bit hours from Brizzie - past the Tropic of Capricorn and hang a left at the Great Barrier Reef. I plan to be snorkeling there soon scaring the fish. I am ignoring everyone who tells me I will get eaten by sharks and attacked by stingers…oh please…like they would be stupid enough to take me on. Bite me and I’ll bite back. So, I’m packed and pretty damned excited to be heading to Cairns…and you know what? As I packed I discovered I have a lot of purple and black clothes. Yep, I’m your basic half arsed suburban Goth.

I was watching this clip of Ellen DeGeneres and her Tulane speech on You Tube. Ellen always makes me laugh. I also admire her greatly -
click here – but then I admire anyone who keeps forging ahead regardless what obstacles may be in their way. Never let anyone say you can’t do something or be who you are. ‘Hoping you are the same…

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

1 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Wow. That is going to be so cool. Well as long as you and the sharks don't take each other on. If you have time, take lots of pics.