BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 1 June 2009

Who knows why...


Who Knew– is released June 1st at Ellora’s Cave. Its part of their free reads range. It costs you nix. In this economy anything free is excellent. So if you want to read an Amarinda freebie it’s as simple of clicking on the cover and downloading the story. What’s it about? Oh, just life when you least expect it…

Who Knew - The blurb…

The last thing on Bridie Clare’s mind was sex when she banged off a furious e-mail to head office. James Harper was stunned then amused after reading her angry words. Who was this woman? But soon a heated verbal exchange becomes something more. Anger becomes lust—then desperate longing to meet and touch a lover.

Why do…

…men giggle in the shower room? No, I have not been in the men’s shower room in the gym, but often as I am showering, in the ladies locker room before work, I hear men giggle on the other side of the wall. It fascinates me. What are they giggling at? I can tell you women don’t do that. In fact I have worked out there are three types of women who inhabit a gym…

1. The half dead, red faced-oh-my-god-I-think-I’m-dying covered in sweat women who crawl into the locker room, collapse on the bench and gasp for air as they try and find energy to strip off their sticky clothes and have a shower. I’m one of these feral types. We run ourselves ragged around the gym, sweat everywhere in unfashionable clothing, try to avoid knee lifts – because damn it they’re hard to do – and puff and pant in the pursuit of…well, I’m not sure but I think it’s probably pain.
2. The impossibly beautifully people who look perfect in their Armani-Gucci-someone-or-other-tracky daks (track pants) and they never sweat, they’re good at all the exercises and they never try to avoid things like the knee lifts. They’re also the ones who watch themselves in the mirror not to assess how red in the face they are and if they are close to dying. It’s more to see how impossibly beautiful they look. They’re also the sort who glide into the locker room, strip off and have absolutely no flaws whatsoever and any woman worth her salt in the locker room trades glances with others and mouths the word ‘bitch.’
3. The androids. These are people you’re not sure what sex they are. They all look the same – broad shouldered, spiky hair cuts, muscled calves and they look like they could easily beat the crap out of you and still do knee lifts. Some of these ones fascinate me as I never sure if they are male or female and when they walk into the locker room you think ‘okay – female – who knew?’ Or wait – am I in the right locker room?

I am yet to hear a woman giggle in the locker room. What is it that men do in there that makes them giggle?

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

All right. I'll take a stab at it. Either they're playing goose-goose. Or they have a peep-hole into the women's locker room. Take your pick!

Anonymous said...

Just read your EC freebie. Loved Bridie and James! It was great! Sherry

Unknown said...

Thanks Sherry...it was a very personal story that meant a lot to me