BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 9 June 2009

This is what I’m thinking…

…if you drop earrings down the sink in the bathroom consider backing away from the sink and just consider those earrings gone…

Okay – so of late, due to the morning rush to get to the gym then to work, I have been putting earrings on in the bathroom. No, it’s not because I want to look at myself early in the morning because that’s just wrong, ghastly and pukeable. It’s more that I need to see something in my line of sight to remind myself to do it. I have double piercings in my ears…I am sort of considering triple…anyway I wear the top earrings to the gym – they’re usually small – then I change at the gym to become worker schlep and I put the dangling bottom earrings in. The danglier (possibly a made up word) the better…yes, yes, I could just do both sets at the gym and if I was normal I would. But I’m not hence the reason earrings fall down the sink and why I decided today to unscrew the thingamajig under the sink to pull the pipe apart and find said earrings.

First up – don’t ever do this if you have no patience. It’s easy getting it undone but it’s a bugger to put back together. Yes, I did find some trapped earrings – okay – maybe I’ve dropped a few of them down there - but putting the mechano-set-like-thing back together? Oh hard – messy - time consuming and it requires a lot of swearing and cleaning up…and frankly this is another reason why men are useful. They’re good at things like this. Men are problem solvers – they think - ‘Uh oh – she buggered the pipe thingy up, I’m going in to fix it.’ But damn it, I had no problem solver in the house.

So what did I do? I went and sat on the back steps and ate a small snack tin of tuna, hoping that the pipe would be back together by the time I finished. I willed it to be. I sent positive vibes into the universe hoping they would come back to me in the form of the pipe-thingy-put-togetherness. When I went into the bathroom – it was still in pieces. Damn universe. So, after an hour of swearing I finally got it back together. No, I have no idea why it took so long…it just did okay? Of course after I got it together I felt pretty smug with myself. Next time I may even turn the water off to the house before I do plumbing stuff like this…well, I can’t be expected to remember everything. That’s why I leave the earrings in the bathroom.

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever considered putting the plug in the sink before putting the earrings on?
Helen

Anny Cook said...

This is soooo like something I would do. Congrats on getting it back together!

Sandra Cox said...

You're funny. Kudos to you for having a go at it yourself. My response to plumber, mechanical or car problems is to wring my hands and wail.