BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Oh the grind...


…I was at the gym, being tortured er, I mean trained…as far as anyone can train me or teach me stuff ‘cause I believe I know everything…by my PT Hugh. Anyway, I was running and jumping and lifting and close to dying, sweat obscuring my eyes when Hugh said “oh yuck, that’s just so unattractive.” ‘Well hey – I’m trying,’ I yelled back him. Actually, we yell at each other a lot. It’s a great deal of fun to have someone who understands your training style. “No, not you – her.” I wiped the sweat out of my eyes and looked at where he was pointing. There was a blonde, singer bimbo-ette on the television screen. Each exercise machine has its own….er, TV… not blonde bimbo-ette. I’m not big on watching music videos and ones at the gym make me believe having tweeny weeny shorts up your arse like that could be a health hazard…and that’s just the men in the videos…

Anyway, the lovely Hugh pointed out this well-known blonde American singer. She was in these tiny shorts with her arse hanging out and her boobs threatening to explode from her spangly bra all the while she was grinding away like some feral Barbie doll on heat in a boxing ring. Now I box at the gym and I’m pretty sure I never look like that. I cover my arse, figuratively and literally and sports bras are golden…and I rarely grind…only on special occasions. Anyway, I found it interesting that Hugh was turned off by this bimbo-ette. I say bimbo-ette because she was only in her twenties and to be a fully fledged bimbo I tend to believe you have to marry a man three times your age and/or be naked in a playboy spread.

I asked Hugh, twenty years younger than me, why this half naked, gyrating woman was ‘unattractive’. “There’s no mystery. What you see is what you get.” Hmmm, I countered this with “Maybe she’s just selling what she thinks people want.” Hugh didn’t agree with this. He said he wouldn’t buy it and that while a man would look at her she wasn’t the woman he ‘stayed with.’ Well, that set me back on my heels. Yes, I know all men are not shallow but it surprised by that a younger man, into health and fitness and ‘trimming and toning’ – his catchphrase along with ‘breathe’ and ‘push’ would think this way. That’s wrong of me. I don’t judge people by the way they look so why would I assume he – men would? Bad Amarinda. Life lessons abound…

www.amarindajones.com
www.amarindajones.blogspot.com
Go Ahead : Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

0 comments: