BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 17 June 2009

What a scream...literally...

OMG!!! In an attempt to prove I am a big brave romance writer I went on a cable car ride above the rainforest canopy on the way to a fantastic tourist village called Kuranda. If you are in Cairns - make sure you go to this village. I loved it. I also bought stuff for me and friends and one lucky Amarinda reader who will win a swag of stuff I have collected on my travels too...but more on that later. Stay tuned.

So - the skyrail - against my better judgement and Spidey sense, I boarded a green capsule thing and hurtled a gazillion miles over tree tops. I am scared to death of heights. This was so scary that I screamed all the way. I kid you not. I had the capsule of terror to myself. Thank god as anyone else would have been deaf after travelling with me. Here's what I think....the only thing that should soar above trees should be birds. I am sure the scenery was amazing. Every so often I looked up from my feet to take a quick, haphazard photo. It would be a fantastic trip if you weren't prone to screaming. While I have been up the arch thingy in St Louis, USA and a cable car in Switzerland, the Kuranda skyrail was the most scariest thing I have ever done. There is only one thing that could have scared me more but I'm smart enough to avoid that.

A highlight of my Kuranda village outing - other than retail therapy - was a tarot reading with a peace-love-and-mung-beans-greenie type. My cards were 'kick arse' and there is apparently nothing I cannot succeed in...well of course.

What's planned tomorrow? Not sure...off for a swim now then several glasses of plonk to steady my nerves...medicinal purposes only...

Be good or be fast and have an alibi

Amarinda

2 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Kudos to you. I'm afraid of heights too and I have never been in the arch. The weird thing is flying doesn't bother me. I think its cause metal is wrapped around me. Have fun!

Anny Cook said...

Oh, man. I sounds like it was great! I've never been in the arch, either.