BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 18 June 2009

Today in the rambling adventures of Amarinda...

...I went to Tjabukai. It's an Aborginial Cultural Centre set in the rainforest outside of Carins. It was incredibly interesting. I think the thing that was reinforced to me the most, when listening to stories of the past and the dreamtime, is that every ancient civilization, clan, tribe - call it what you will - have all endured through the ages and every culture has a similar story of struggle and of being overpowered yet keeping their traditions alive. Maybe we should occasionally remember we're not all that different.

Other than that - went walkabout around Cairns and I am now going into flop on a poolside lounger and read - followed by swimming - followed by reading etc...you get the picture. I figure by the time I get back to Brizzie I will be able to pick up every thing I dropped to come here.

Relaxtion? Yes, I totally recommend it every 10 years...though, I have to admit I miss the big city...


Amarinda

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

The Cultural Centre sounds so interesting. I go to all the archeological centers that I can when on vacation. And you're correct. Humanity is not that different regardless of culture.

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Lisa J said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful. I am very jealous. My vacation the week of the 29th will consist of me sitting at home, maybe mowing the lawn.

Have a wonderful time.