BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday 1 December 2007

Worms on a Saturday....


Quote for today –
“You’re writing sex and I’m putting the Christmas tree up…where have I gone wrong in my life?” - good friend, Katie

Maid For Death – review

A ghost, a hunter and anonymous sex are only a couple of reasons I found this Halloween morsel just right for a star filled autumn evening. Maid for Death was another example of why Amarinda Jones is fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. Her ability to design characters with a sense of humor, a bit of sass and tons of raging lust has ensured her latest quickie is just the right sized treat for the erotic reader. Cassandra and Sebastian’s banter left me with a permanent smile, taking your everyday individual in an out of this world situation and making it seems as if it happens daily. Even without the wow factors this story had a plot that was captivating from go. Ms. Jones is definitely earning herself a spot on my must have list. Can’t wait to see what delicious treat she has in store for us next.
http://www.fallenangelreviews.com/2007/November/Rachelle-TricksAndTreats_MaidForDeath.htm Thanks Rachelle


Did you know…

….that worms do not like onions or citrus peel? How do I know? Well I went and bought 3,000 worms today. Why? They’re delicious on toast. Okay, that’s a lie. I prefer them without toast. But seriously, I bought the little buggers as they are very good if you have a compost bin. Yep, I have one of them. Vegetable scraps and paper go in and fabulous rich dirt comes out. That’s about as close to Mother Nature as I get. Though I did talk a big spider off the clothesline this morning. He wasn’t about to move and make way for clothes so I had to bring in the big guns – a mop – and persuade him down. I don’t think he was particularly grateful for me not killing him as I’m sure I heard him mutter ‘home wrecking bitch’ as he scrambled away. That was my good deed today for Mother Nature.

Anyway, back to worms. They are very good in compost bins for breaking up matter. The problem is they are finicky eaters. The box they come in lists the things they will and will not eat. The first lot of worms I bought two months ago all escaped. How do I know? Well I would see then slithering down the outside of the bin trying to get away. Why? Because me being me, ignored the instructions on the side of the box regarding what worms ate. Okay, to be honest, I did glance at it and decided I was not about to be dictated to by worms about what they would eat. I would have gotten married if I wanted to do that. So I just chucked them in and proceeded to dump scraps, including lemon and onions, on them. That’s when they started to execute the great escape. One by one they fled until none were left. Ungrateful little buggers. The man at the local garden centre was appalled that I did not treat them correctly and I received a lecture on the ‘care and maintenance of worms.’ Fascinating (not). If it comes out on DVD make sure you get it.

Anyway, the new lot is in the compost bin. There has been no escape attempt mounted yet. I will be good and refrain from chucking in things worms do not eat. Yes, this is what my life has come down to – dealing with finicky worms. No different to work really.

Tell me…what is the fascination of worms in bottles of Tequila? Never understood it or why you would want to eat the worm, other than you are pissed to the gills, after drinking the Tequila. Please explain someone…Anny – you’ve done it all – what’s the word on worm eating? And for Kelly, please refer below, something of a religious nature to let you know I am not a complete heathen.


A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.Four worms were placed into four separate jars. The first worm was put into a container of alcohol. The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke. The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup. The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.
At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:The first worm in alcohol - Dead. The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead. Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead. Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive.

So the Minister asked the congregation - What can you learn from this demonstration?A little old woman in the back quickly raised her hand and said, "As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!"

So there it is…I cannot agree with the smoking bit, but clearly alcohol and chocolate are good for you. Speaking of good things…go check at
www.annycook.blogspot.com for a cute picture of Anny. She’s not blue. Amazing, Grace. What is the all-singing, all-dancing Kelly doing on www.kkirch.blogspot.com? I have no idea but I am sure it will be dazzling, informative whilst making you wonder about her sanity.


Last Man Standing - reviews

I highly enjoyed this story. There is nothing bad to be said about Last Man Standing. Alex is a scarred, battle hardened, warrior who isn’t looking for happily ever after. He’s honest and everything he does is for a reason, he is not one to play around for the fun of it. Amy is strong and independent. She knows how to take care of herself, and she does it in a smart way. The chemistry between these two is hard to miss, and their scenes together flowed in the perfect way. Janet Davies has written another great story with Last Man Standing. With great supporting characters, this story was spot on all the way through. I would love to learn more about the world she has created.

http://www.fallenangelreviews.com/2007/November/Ashley-LastManStanding.htm

Much appreciated Ashley

I loved it the whole story for it had it all. There was suspense, fighting and the truth behind Alex’s past history. All in all it was great and definitely rated a top 5 and can’t wait for more from this talented author.

http://www.nightowlromance.com/nightowlromance/reviews/Review.asp?ReviewId=988
Thanks Tammie

www.freewebs.com/amarindajones/
Go ahead: Live with abandon. Be outrageous at any age. What are you saving your best self for?

8 comments:

Phoenix said...

Seeing as how I don't want worms... and Anny if you figure out the tequila worm thing, share it with the class. I'd like to know too. I suspect it was a pissed off woman who thought she'd teach her drunk husband a thing about coming home three sheets to the wind. Only she forgot to consider that a stone drunk man will do or eat anything when he's wasted.

Anny Cook said...

Tequila Worm
The idea of the tequila worm has given rise to many misunderstandings about the drink which have led people to believe that some tequilas contain a 'worm' in the bottle. The 'worm' in the bottle began as a marketing gimmick in the 1940s. The worm is actually the larval form of the moth Hipopta agavis that lives on the blue agave plant. Finding a 'worm' in the agave plant indicates an infestation and therefore a lower quality product.

http://www.drink-recipes.org.uk/tequila/

So if you have worms in your tequila, it's an inferior quality.

I happen to like worms, though not in my drinks. I once had a compost pile and loved the dirt those little buggers made. In the MV, instead of worms in the compost pile, they have pilkie bugs. End of my science lesson for the day!

Anny Cook said...

PS...I've been telling you that it's a great book!

Unknown said...

Great review AJ. Good luck with this batch of worms.

D

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the great reviews! And thanks for the humor this morning...I've got car trouble and am trying to laugh, not cry:)

Sandra Cox said...

Wow! What a great review!
Sandra

Unknown said...

Thanks Anny...I knew you would set the class straight

barbara huffert said...

A great exodus of worms...I love that image!